"Refreshing Image URL" cause authentication error

Posted on
Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:34 pm
hamw offline

"Refreshing Image URL" cause authentication error

I have some video cameras put onto Indigo Touch control pages using the refreshing URL menu selection. Works great.... except for the first time Indigo Touch has started crashing with the authentication box. It comes up and freezes Indigo Touch. I read above that this was an iOS 8 issue, but may there may be some bandwidth or app issues?

right now I'm just calling jpeg snapshots via the following command:

http://username:password@10.0.1.xx/live/1/jpeg.jpg.

These are high def cameras, but I'm using a much lower aspect ratio (hence the /1/ to select the lower quality stream) and the lowest bit rate, so I don't think it is really overwhelming the app? The opening page shows all 7 cameras at the one frame refresh per 4 seconds, while clicking on an image will bring up 3 related cameras with a 1 sec refresh each.

Ideas?

Posted on
Sun Jan 04, 2015 5:52 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: "Refreshing Image URL" cause authentication error

Have you followed the directions on the iOS 8 and Indigo Touch post?

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Sun Jan 04, 2015 7:02 pm
hamw offline

Yes, and I see I should have used the "contact form"! Will read more fully next time. I did delete the app and reinstall; no difference. I get an authentication dialog which I can cancel, and most of the time it will go back to the page it was on and let me continue to use the app. However, frequently I'll get the locked up "Settings" "Failed to connect: Authentication Failed", at which point I double tap the home button, stop the app and reopen the app. It works fine, but we then go through the same process if I have the camera pages open.

Of note, both my wife and I are using iPhone 6 with iOS 8 and both crash... but my wife's iPad, which is running iOS 7, hasn't crashed yet..... Really remarkable these folks would break important stuff in the "upgrades."

I did not see anything in the thread that addresses the refreshing URL issue. This is speculation, but does the new iOS make it so that if there isn't consistent connectivity, for instance it can't ping the camera immediately, does it throw an authentication error because of a connectivity problem, not an Indigo problem?

Posted on
Sun Jan 04, 2015 7:26 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

I don't believe the refreshing image URL has anything to do with the app issues.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Sun Jan 04, 2015 7:39 pm
hamw offline

I'm sure you are right; just had not experienced this issue until implementing the camera control pages.

Posted on
Sun Jan 04, 2015 8:01 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

The refreshing URL causes more requests, and the iOS 8 bug causes requests to randomly fail authentication (the keychain authentication can randomly fail). So using refreshing image URLs causes the problem to occur more often. We've worked around the problem for the next release...

Page 1 of 1