Indigo Touch not displaying proper device state

Posted on
Fri May 03, 2013 4:10 pm
jmonthie offline

Indigo Touch not displaying proper device state

I have created a control page to interface with the Jandy Aqualink serial port plugin. All looks good when I open the control page in a browser. When I open the control page on my iPad or iPhone using Indigo Touch, two of my buttons are always "green" indicating that a true condition exists. I don't think this is a plugin problem, so I am posting the quest here. I have attached two screenshots to show the issue. The first picture, shows the control page from my browser on a MacBook Air. This shows the proper behavior. The second is from my iPhone. The "Pool Mode" and "Spa Mode" buttons are based on a single variable being set to either "pool" or "spa", respectively. In this case, the variable is set to "pool," as shown by the "Mode: pool" label. "Pool Mode" should be green, "Spa Mode" be red. Any suggestions welcome..
Thanks,
Jim
Attachments
Screen Shot 2013-05-03 at 5.50.44 PM.png
Screen Shot 2013-05-03 at 5.50.44 PM.png (405.81 KiB) Viewed 1584 times
IMG_0033.PNG
IMG_0033.PNG (158.7 KiB) Viewed 1584 times

Posted on
Sun May 05, 2013 9:28 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Indigo Touch not displaying proper device state

Hi Jim,

What specific file names are you using for the images for both controls?

Posted on
Sun May 05, 2013 7:44 pm
jmonthie offline

Matt,
I actually figured this out today. I had been using the standard "PlainButton_large.png." This supports "on" and "off" states reliably, however, the device states for these plugin variables are "true" and "false". I renamed "PlainButton_large.png" to "PlainButton_large+.png". I made a duplicate of this and called it "PlainButton_large+false.png" and a duplicate of the existing "PlainButton_large+on.png" and called it "PlainButton_large+true.png". I now use the new "PlainButton_large+.png" in my control page and I see the correct behavior in Indigo Touch. So it seems like the browser is able to map true/false to on/off, but Indigo Touch is not??
Thanks,
Jim

Posted on
Tue May 07, 2013 9:13 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Yeah, Indigo Touch has a buglet which causes the inconsistency compared to the browser behavior. It will be fixed in the next major release of Indigo Touch.

Page 1 of 1