return to "control pages" inside of a control page?

Posted on
Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:57 pm
rainman50 offline

return to "control pages" inside of a control page?

I have several control pages that I go back and forth to within my control pages. At times I'd like to quickly go to "control pages" and be able to select another control page to display. Is there a way within a control page to directly goto the list of "control pages"? That would simplify having to keep going back until I come to the page that would be the list of "control pages".

Thanks in advance.

Dave

Posted on
Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:13 pm
Otis offline

Re: return to "control pages" inside of a control page?

Having the upper left button go directly back to the list of control pages instead of the previous page might violate Apple's Human Interface Guidelines, but I would cast an enthusiastic vote for doing it.

Posted on
Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:15 pm
Korey offline

+1

--
Korey

Posted on
Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:21 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

We have some plans on improving Control Page navigation in the next major release of Indigo Touch. No ETA on when we'll get to it though, but I agree it could use some improvement.

Posted on
Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:51 am
durosity offline

matt (support) wrote:
We have some plans on improving Control Page navigation in the next major release of Indigo Touch. No ETA on when we'll get to it though, but I agree it could use some improvement.

On a minor side note to Indigo Touch improvements, functionality for press and hold would also be appreciated.

Computer says no.

Posted on
Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:09 pm
alang_94526 offline

Mat,
To your point about new Touch interface options coming, would that include gestures, data entry pop-ups etc?
There are so many things you could do to make Control pages look and feel like IOS apps and take full advantage of the Touchscreen and I expect it would significantly reduce the amount of hand-crafted (and in my case often buggy) Applescript.
Is that an Indigo 7 feature or might it come in a later Indigo 6 upgrade?

Posted on
Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:32 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Perhaps - but adding multi-touch gestures, under the control of the user, is a large undertaking. We might add some specific built-in gestures in the next release though (navigation, etc).

It's unclear what the timing is since some changes will require Indigo Touch to be updated, some changes will require Indigo to be updated, and some changes will require both. But it's on our list to look at.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:32 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

We don't have details yet as to what the new Indigo Touch features will be. The time frame is pretty far out still. We need to get Indigo 6 out of beta, which includes supporting quite a few new Z-Wave modules. Indigo Touch is independent of the main Indigo version, so the next major release of Indigo Touch could be out before we release anything like Indigo 7. But we don't have any details yet to announce -- too far out.

(just noticed Jay beat me to the reply!)

Posted on
Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:42 pm
DU Lou offline

matt (support) wrote:

FEATURE REQUEST:
Would it be possible to add a (user customizable) timed delay for sub pages that when X seconds of inactivity is detected the "sub-CP" will return to the "home-CP"?

Scenario:
A dedicated music sub-CP is created that is a layer down from the home-CP. Tap to navigate to the music CP, then hit play, pause, next track, etc., and walk away. After a custom defined period of time, the UI will return to the home-CP. Taking it a step further, request adding a "stay on this CP" toggle if you wanted to keep the sub-CP up to view the album art for example.

Thoughts?
~Lou

Posted on
Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:22 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

We'll add it to the feature request list.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Page 1 of 1