Firewall Issues with Touch

Posted on
Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:16 pm
BlueMOH offline

Firewall Issues with Touch

I am running Indigo7 on a headless Mac Mini running OS 10.12.6 (16G29) and it has been stable for a long time now with no connection problems.
The issue showed up a few weeks ago when I could connect on local network but not from the internet at what seemed random and then not from either source.
Finally had time to dig in and found the Mini firewall was the issue, the stock Apple one. It had been set during the original set up to allow all of the Indigo programs full access and those settings worked fine up to a few weeks ago.
Now I have to turn off the Mini firewall to get things working again. I can't seem to find any further programs to 'allow' and keep it on.
I know I must be overlooking some simple setting or 'allow' setting.
Any ideas?
TIA for any ideas.
Ken

Posted on
Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:32 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Firewall Issues with Touch

Hi Ken,

Shutdown the Indigo Server and then quit the Indigo client. Relaunch the Indigo client (which should automatically restart the server). Do you get any prompts from macOS to allow connections on the firewall? Approve of those and see if it then works.

Posted on
Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:05 pm
BlueMOH offline

Matt,
I did the restart of the Indigo server and client after turning on the firewall and behold, things are back to normal for the Touch program but my android is still locked out (Domotics).
The strange thing is there were no requests for access from the firewall for either program.
I will persue the android issue now and I will keep a closer eye on things for a while and see what happens with the Touch app.
Thank you for the suggestion.
Ken

Posted on
Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:34 pm
RogueProeliator offline

I did the restart of the Indigo server and client after turning on the firewall and behold, things are back to normal for the Touch program but my android is still locked out

Hi Ken... double check your settings and be sure that your Away IP/Host Name is set properly to "[reflectorname].indigodomo.net". I've seen a bunch of errors lately being reported where the error code indicates invalid (or improper) URLs being set there. I have no idea if this is you, of course, but if you want to set a Unique Identifier in the Error/Crash Reporting section (then generate the failure attempt again and go to the overflow menu -> Help -> Send Debug ) I would be glad to examine the logs for more info.

Adam

Posted on
Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:00 pm
BlueMOH offline

Adam,
Thank you for the debug options.
Tonight I came home and things are working again with my 'home' settings.
Remote into my Mini and made sure the firewall was 'On' and it was.
I double checked my 'away' settings and the field was blank again, seems to happen often that 'it forgets' my reflector address.
Set the address again and tried it....OK at present.
If things go screwy again I will post and send a debug report.
Thank you again for the help.

Ken

Page 1 of 1