[ANSWERED]: Feature request - no time out

Posted on
Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:19 pm
aderrington offline

[ANSWERED]: Feature request - no time out

Hi guys.
Would you be able to incorporate into the control page options a tick box that enables/disables the iPhone/iPads auto time out function please.
It would be great to disable the timeout for when viewing certain pages like cameras etc.
I also write iOS software so if you need a hand with it I could lend a hand if required.

Many thanks.
Andrew.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:42 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Feature request - no time out

Hi Andrew,

Are you referring to the UI that pops up on Control Pages if they are left open and untouched for several minutes? That only occurs if you are connected via a reflector, and is there to avoid bandwidth problems since all of the traffic (in this case refreshing images) has to flow through our hosted servers. If you are connected locally via WiFi or connected remotely but directly to your home's router, then the timeout alert should never show.

Posted on
Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:06 am
howartp offline

Re: Feature request - no time out

matt (support) wrote:
That only occurs if you are connected via a reflector

Erm...

I'm not sure whether that is working correctly then?; my lounge iPad does it regularly when it (should be) on wifi. It was annoying me but I didn't know that was the cause.

I'll check when I'm back home tomorrow.

Peter

Posted on
Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:28 am
aderrington offline

Re: [ANSWERED]: Feature request - no time out

Hi Matt.
I don't connect via a reflector I have port forwarding set up so no need.
I don't see a pop up or anything on the control pages, I'm referring to the iPhones normal screen lock function that kicks in if the screen hasn't been pressed in some time.
If you could implement the following code based on if a control page has a check box activated (like the remove tab one you have) that'd be awesome!

[[UIApplication sharedApplication] setIdleTimerDisabled:YES];

Cheers.
Andrew.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 1