Post Pics of Your Control Pages! (LOCKED - create new topic)

Posted on
Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:31 pm
howartp offline

Re: Post Pics of Your Control Pages HERE!

Ah, the C64...

Quest and Thomas the Tank, the latter played on a cassette tape?!

Must confess I downloaded Thomas on an emulator a couple of years ago to reminisce!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Posted on
Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:20 am
durosity offline

@wideglidejrp that’ll be an interesting read. Let us know when it comes out!

@howartp I loved Thomas back when I was a kid. Still love it now tbh.. although since brit allcroft sold out and Americanised it its really not the same. I loved the detail they put into the models.. it looked so exceptionally well done.. and with the exception of the talking trains it was all so realistic. They tried to keep to actual scale dimensions and were all based on real railway engines. Now it’s all CGI and full of unrealistic stories. And what the heck is with “Mr Controller”.. grr it has been, and ever shall be The Fat Controller. Sir Topham Hat.

Let’s just pretend the last 30 years haven’t happened and just enjoy the books and the episodes which Ringo Starr narrated.. :D

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Computer says no.

Posted on
Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:11 am
DaveL17 offline

wideglidejrp wrote:
In my new book about home automation, I am writing a paragraph about Indigo Control Pages. I want to include an image which shows what is possible. I have been scrolling through this thread and found many nice ones, including yours, DaveL17. Do you have a control page you wouldn't mind sharing? I would not include any personally identifiable information. An iPhone CP image would be better than iPad because the book will be available on Kindle, and with a portrait-style image, I could make it larger.

Hi John - I'll contact you offline and we can chat about your needs. If I don't have anything that fits the bill, I can probably gin something up rather quickly.

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Posted on
Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:57 am
wideglidejrp offline

Thanks. I have some of my own, but I recall seeing some on the site somewhere that were incredibly comprehensive. Since the book will be in B&W in print and on Kindle, a lot of colors don’t necessarily enhance the page. Also, iPhone is better than iPad because of the portrait orientation. No need to create something. I am sure I can find one here somewhere.

John R Patrick
Author of
Home Attitude

Posted on
Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:40 am
norcoscia offline

I have been working on a security page for my fire 8 - any suggestions to make it look or function better are welcome.....
Attachments
SP.jpg
SP.jpg (497.76 KiB) Viewed 8415 times

_______
Norm

Posted on
Sun Aug 27, 2017 2:16 am
howartp offline

Your iron gets a room all to itself??? How big is your house? :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Posted on
Sun Aug 27, 2017 3:59 am
stuartcolman offline

Here is my panel. It is a portrait panel designed for an Amazon Fire 7. I have the Sonos and Sensors pages done, however currently working on the rest.

I have it wall mounted by the door in a custom built frame.
Attachments
Amazon Fire Dark Panel.png
Amazon Fire Dark Panel.png (117.71 KiB) Viewed 8439 times

Posted on
Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:08 am
norcoscia offline

Wow, stuartcolman, that looks so nice - could I see the other tabs - I really like the colors and how you compartmentalized everything - I wish I had your skills - again - a real pro job !!!!!

howartp, no - just me trying to come up with names for rooms and not doing a good/smart job :D

_______
Norm

Posted on
Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:35 am
durosity offline

Very nice! Post a pic of the tablet and it’s frame if you don’t mind! :)

Computer says no.

Posted on
Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:38 am
ckeyes888 offline

norcoscia wrote:
I have been working on a security page for my fire 8 - any suggestions to make it look or function better are welcome.....

My 2¢ would be to change up the color on the temps etc. on the right side.
Kinda all running together.

Car

Posted on
Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:41 am
norcoscia offline

ckeyes888 - thanks - I agree...

_______
Norm

Posted on
Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:22 am
norcoscia offline

Thanks for the help everyone - it is getting better!
Attachments
SP.jpg
SP.jpg (365.55 KiB) Viewed 8359 times

_______
Norm

Posted on
Sun Aug 27, 2017 3:52 pm
Londonmark online

I wonder if you are wasting a lot of space with the open and closed buttons. Why not scrap those and make the room names into buttons themselves. They can be RD when open and green when closed. Would buy you a lot of space and you could maybe even have two columns of bigger buttons with half of the rooms in one and half in the other. Feels a bit compressed right now.

Posted on
Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:35 am
stuartcolman offline

Here are the other two panels I have completed so far. As mentioned the others are still in progress.

There is also a shot of the tablet on the wall, with the Zipato Mini RFID Keypad below it.

The sensors page is fairly basic at the moment, it just gives me battery level of all battery devices courtesy of DaveL17's Charting Script (viewtopic.php?f=202&t=15904). Although basic is handy to just see the overview.

The SONOS page is there so that each player can be started or stopped, or track skipped backward or forwards. The Play/Stop button at the bottom will do that function to all devices at once. The group, just adds all devices together with the living room device as host. And the mute/unmute just does that again across all devices.

@norcosia, I think @Londonmark is right, try to make that centre panel less busy, maybe group them into common groups, such as Windows and Doors, then have two panels with that. For instance Windows at the top, each one being its own button, and then another panel below with Doors. Or upstair/downstairs, inside/outside etc, you get the idea.

All of my panels are done in Photoshop. I try and keep as much as I can in the background image (this is over local LAN, so shouldn't be putting too much strain on the server/connections). That way I can get the layout exactly as I want it, then just add the dynamic elements into the control page. I can also create a "guide" background, with the page exactly how I want it to look with the icons and additional placement guides. I then use this to create the control page, get everything set out how I want, then go and swap the background image for the "clean" version.

For icons, I tend to use the following: https://icons8.com. They have a good selection of icons, and groups of icons to give consistency. Also, they have tools so you can change colours, backgrounds, sizes etc, so you can pretty much create the icons you want, download and pop straight into your control page.

Anyway, thats mine so far.
Attachments
Tablet.jpg
Tablet.jpg (83.93 KiB) Viewed 8266 times
Amazon Fire Dark Panel - Sonos.png
Amazon Fire Dark Panel - Sonos.png (262.28 KiB) Viewed 8266 times
Amazon Fire Dark Panel - Sensors.png
Amazon Fire Dark Panel - Sensors.png (93.63 KiB) Viewed 8266 times

Posted on
Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:23 am
norcoscia offline

Thanks Londonmark - agree with both you and stuartcolman on reworking the win/door indicators. Stuartcolman - everything you have done is 100% , A1 work - and thanks for the ICON link. I noticed some really nice ICONs there.

BTW, where did yo find that wall bracket for the Fire - I looked and looked but could not find one for my Fire 8. I had made a small mount on my 3D printer for a phone but the phone kept turning off and or loosing the WiFi connection so it became more of a hassle than it was worth. I just took it down yesterday. :(

Again, fantastic work - I wish my efforts played out that well :)

_______
Norm

Page 62 of 68 1 ... 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65 ... 68