Post Pics of Your Control Pages! (LOCKED - create new topic)

Posted on
Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:25 pm
ckeyes888 offline

Re: Post Pics of Your Control Pages HERE!

Cool, love the cars.

Carl

Posted on
Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:58 pm
Yves1922 offline

DomoPat wrote:
Here are my main two pages. I wanted them as simple as possible, and 'metallic' theme because I use sounds from Myst and Riven to indicate some actions are happening...
Theres nothing as good as a long exaggerated cranky-geary noise when the garage door opens. :D

The next one uses LED's that I found somewhere in the forum, many thanks to the author ! This page gives me a good overview of the activities of the system:

It is so great fun to make these pages and use them, certainly another strong point of Indigo !

Demopat,
Can you share the code for the led one...Very nice..

Merci
Yves

Posted on
Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:38 pm
wiery offline

Matt and Jay , just wondering if you guys have ever post pics of your on control pages, am sure there would be plenty of interest...

Posted on
Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:48 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

I am ashamed to admit my Control Pages are particularly lame. I have great plans to improve them, but haven't done so yet. :-)

Posted on
Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:01 pm
ckeyes888 offline

Ha, the shoemakers shoes syndrome.

Carl

Posted on
Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:20 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

wiery wrote:
Matt and Jay , just wondering if you guys have ever post pics of your on control pages, am sure there would be plenty of interest...

I did. Not terribly exciting but it works for us.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:00 am
DomoPat offline

Yves1922 wrote:

Demopat,
Can you share the code for the led one...Very nice..

Merci
Yves

Hi Yves,

there is not much to share: the grey background is an image, then the fields are devices or variables. They use a led image that I found somewhere a long time ago, small LED's of different colors. The tricky part was to make them work with variables, because my variables (for doors for example) do not use 'true' or 'false', but 'oui' or 'non'. There is no code on the page, only devices and variables...

Patrick

Posted on
Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:17 am
ckeyes888 offline

Here's a wall mounted iPad CP that I'm working up for the wife to use. Nothing special to look at but it will make control for her, and others, a bit easier.
I post this mostly to see if anyone might want the buttons. I've found that it's nicer to see a lights brightness by varying the amount of hilite in the button,
or in the case of the color lights the actual color(s) being displayed.

Carl
Attachments
iPad Control Page Test.jpg
iPad Control Page Test.jpg (214.53 KiB) Viewed 10090 times

Posted on
Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:29 pm
kendals offline

I have been watching these forums for years for the definitive go-to for problem solving from my original X10 system to now my Insteon systems. I have been using the "simple" control pages that you can make with Indigo 5.x. How do you guys create these fancy layouts. I would LOVE to have something as cool as what you are making, but I don't know how to go about doing it. Can anybody point me in the direction of how to get started. I know some Javascript & HTML, don't know anything about Pearl or PHP (but would spend the time learning it if I have to!...if that is what it takes).

These control pages are amazing and my wife would love them to, but I don't know where to start

Thanks for ANY assistance

Scott

Posted on
Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:41 pm
ckeyes888 offline

I'm at work at the moment but I'd be happy to help in any way I can later tonight.

Carl

Posted on
Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:00 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

kendals wrote:
I have been using the "simple" control pages that you can make with Indigo 5.x.

I believe that most (if not all) of the pages on this thread were made with the built-in control page editor. The things that you need to make don't have anything to do (really) with creating web pages but rather are all about making images:

1. Make your background image. Use whatever graphics application you like to create as complex an image as necessary.
  2. Create your custom images to represent the state of devices and/or variables. Again, use a graphics program to make the images and follow the instructions on creating custom images.

Now, granted, it sounds really easy. My problem is that I haven't got the slightest artistic talent when it comes to image creation. That's the hard part for me: creating appealing visually stunning images. I just don't have the talent for it. That's why my pages are necessarily boring. ;)

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:19 pm
ckeyes888 offline

The killer app in our household has been the "always on" display screen I have setup in our living room. It's not interactive, just purely informational.
It displays a lot of current info on weather, who's calling, announcements and a favorite family images slideshow etc.
From the field it will display images/text I FTP from my phone. I have a EyeFi card in my real camera that will also transmit and display sized images automatically.
The kitchen timer is set from an X10 palm remote with the 16 most common times we use. I use the bright/dim to cancel it.
Nice thing is the screen can be seen from most anywhere in the house given our open floor plan.
The main background image changes as to time of day and for the season....and the moon shows it's current phase, thanks Jay for that code.

Everyone tells me it's the best aspect of the system, giving it a face and enough info to not have to go searching for buttons to bring up it up.
I have a bunch of webcam CP's of our favorite places that can be brought up individually or as a slideshow, also showing the current temp at that location.
I use a very old Mac laptop running the browser Opera, which has a nice full screen mode, to drive it.

At this point I must have at least 20 situations/alerts tied to it for display. Here's just a few of the screens.

Carl
Attachments
Display Screen All.jpg
Display Screen All.jpg (478.96 KiB) Viewed 10036 times

Posted on
Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:40 am
Dewster35 offline

This is a somewhat finalized iOS'ification of my home automation control pages for my iphone. I did a vertical layout that is 640 wide and tall enough to fit all of my content. Typically I tried to keep everything to two pages so you could swap up and down. The elements are identical to the iphone home screen in regards to size and look. Much thanks to Mark Gillham for a lot of good feedback and some help. Ultimately, I didn't do broke a lot of rules in terms of UI, but for the lay person, I've gotten a lot of good feedback from friends and family on the layout. Obviously more polishing can still be done. Pretty much everything is functioning and not place holder at this point. It's pretty clear that work was done several months apart being a very monochromatic color scheme the second part and much more colorful, 3d, chromy look during the first part. Red badges notify that something should have your attention, gray badges simply notify if something is active, and in other places I actually put the state in the badge (locked, on/off, temperatures, person states). The next focus will be back on the audio portion to make it look prettier and somewhat match the design of the rest of my theme.

Since the new baby, my wife loves that I am able to setup a page that is just for her. Showing just the stuff she wants to see when she is getting up every few hours for feedings. I temporarily repurposed our driveway camera to be used in the nursery, which has worked out well.

Lots of work, but lots of other ideas on how to get clearer about what each icon does using color/text etc.

For my ipad pages, I'm not sure if I'll keep along the same theme or not... regardless, that is a project for another time :)
Attachments
photo 1.PNG
Overview Page

The indigo icon is actually a link to a shortcut with the notification/status page directing which page you are headed to.
photo 1.PNG (262.75 KiB) Viewed 9813 times
photo 2.PNG
Audio Page
photo 2.PNG (141.2 KiB) Viewed 9813 times
photo 3.PNG
Security Page
photo 3.PNG (365.28 KiB) Viewed 9813 times
photo 4.PNG
Devices Page
photo 4.PNG (195.82 KiB) Viewed 9813 times
photo 5.PNG
Environment Page
Outdoor icon changes based on the weather conditions. Various temp sensors throughout the house. BBQ sensor for cooking meats... I get notifications at various temperatures based on which type of meat is chosen and that sends out notifications/announcements.
photo 5.PNG (162.54 KiB) Viewed 9813 times

Posted on
Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:14 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

AC/DC in a house with a new baby, eh? :lol:

Nice pages.

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:28 am
Dewster35 offline

Knocks her right out and when the song is over she starts wailing... if I've learned anything, it's don't mess with something that works ;)

Page 21 of 68 1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 68