Post Pics of Your Control Pages! (LOCKED - create new topic)

Posted on
Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:39 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Post Pics of Your Control Pages HERE!

Nope - nothing changed about image handling in this release.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:45 pm
mikeL offline

Here's one of my iPad Control Pages for your consideration. I recently figured out how to use gnuplot (thanks to forum postings going back a few years) and now have real-time graphs of the temperatures around my house. The temperatures are gathered using one-wire sensors connected to an Arduino that Indigo talks to every 5 minutes and from my Nest thermostat. From the Nest I'm also plotting the operational state of the HVAC heating and cooling (0=Off, 1=On) and the setpoint.
Cheers,
Mike
Attachments
Trends.PNG
Trends.PNG (68.94 KiB) Viewed 9418 times

Posted on
Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:54 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Awesome!

One thing that's on our todo list (and pretty high for our next major release after Indigo 6) is more reporting including graphing. We love seeing this stuff.

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:08 pm
Dewster35 offline

mikeL wrote:
Here's one of my iPad Control Pages for your consideration. I recently figured out how to use gnuplot (thanks to forum postings going back a few years) and now have real-time graphs of the temperatures around my house. The temperatures are gathered using one-wire sensors connected to an Arduino that Indigo talks to every 5 minutes and from my Nest thermostat. From the Nest I'm also plotting the operational state of the HVAC heating and cooling (0=Off, 1=On) and the setpoint.
Cheers,
Mike

This is awesome!

Posted on
Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:23 pm
bmcgowan13 offline

jay (support) wrote:
Nope - nothing changed about image handling in this release.

Figured it out. I opened web preview in browser on the desktop running the Indigo server, clicked on the '?' Placeholder and then the screen showed the the complete icon. After I did that once they then started showing in the ipad and iPhone versions too. No idea why that worked but its working fine!

Posted on
Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:35 am
durosity offline

I’ve created a control page that basically works like a (well designed) universal remote control. The source line sets the source on my AV Receiver (which is a Pioneer VSX-922 with nsheldons wonderful plugin). When the AV receiver then switches to to the specified source it invokes another action group to turn on/off the TV and any other devices that need to be turned on or off. This also sets a variable for source, which then works in conjunction with each button which is just a tiny Python script to run an action group (So for example pressing Play when the source is AppleTV will send the Play command to the AppleTV only). I also had to change my Logitech Harmony remotes so they don’t send the on/off commands and get everything out of sync, instead they send the source command to the AV receiver and Indigo does the rest. Means everything stays in sync :)
Attachments
Screen Shot 2013-03-17 at 13.06.11.png
Screen Shot 2013-03-17 at 13.06.11.png (229.27 KiB) Viewed 9334 times

Computer says no.

Posted on
Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:12 am
ckeyes888 offline

Nice job, looks really great! Thanks for posting.

Funny thing just happened, I was looking at your CP above and had it scaled to full
screen on my iPad and left it that way when I was finished checking it out.
A few minutes later the wife comes over picks it up and starts trying to
press the buttons on it to get the radio on.

Carl

Posted on
Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:59 am
durosity offline

ckeyes888 wrote:
Nice job, looks really great! Thanks for posting.

Funny thing just happened, I was looking at your CP above and had it scaled to full
screen on my iPad and left it that way when I was finished checking it out.
A few minutes later the wife comes over picks it up and starts trying to
press the buttons on it to get the radio on.

Carl

Ha! Ironically at the moment the only feature on that page that doesn’t work is the radio.. but more due to the fact that the receiver isn’t plugged into an aerial.

Naturally i have lots of other pages i’ve been working on but none that are complete yet.. I’ve been working on a software thermostat control page that i hope to finish soon, when i do i’ll post it :D

Computer says no.

Posted on
Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:36 pm
Dewster35 offline

durosity wrote:
I also had to change my Logitech Harmony remotes so they don’t send the on/off commands and get everything out of sync, instead they send the source command to the AV receiver and Indigo does the rest. Means everything stays in sync :)

This is yet another reason I need to buy a receiver ;) Also have the logitech and love it, very wife friendly, but I would like to create a remote control page similar to this type of setup and wondered how I would keep everything in sync :) Thanks for sharing... more ideas to file away.

Posted on
Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:51 pm
durosity offline

Dewster35 wrote:
This is yet another reason I need to buy a receiver ;) Also have the logitech and love it, very wife friendly, but I would like to create a remote control page similar to this type of setup and wondered how I would keep everything in sync :) Thanks for sharing... more ideas to file away.

Yeah it took me a long time to work out a way that would mean everything stays in sync no matter where it was controlled from. The only minor downside is that if the Logitech is set to one source, and the receiver is off, you have to tell the logitech to turn off first then the source you want. But other than that it pretty much works perfectly.

Computer says no.

Posted on
Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:05 pm
ckeyes888 offline

Should anyone have a need, I posted a background and image buttons of this template to the user contribution area.

If you find it useful let me know and I can make any additional buttons for you.

Carl
Attachments
Indigo Start Page Bac Template.png
Indigo Start Page Bac Template.png (167.39 KiB) Viewed 9186 times

Posted on
Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:42 am
thedon offline

Can you give a link, unable to find it.
Looks awesome!

Posted on
Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:49 am
ckeyes888 offline

I don't see it yet in the user contribution area. Maybe M&J haven't had a chance to check
it out yet. Just posted it last night. I'll post a link when it's there.

Carl

Posted on
Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:03 am
Korey offline

ckeyes888 wrote:
Should anyone have a need, I posted a background and image buttons of this template to the user contribution area.

If you find it useful let me know and I can make any additional buttons for you.

Carl

Nice work Carl!

I'd love to see pictures of your device pages.

--
Korey

Posted on
Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:26 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Hey Carl - somehow nothing was entered except the file itself (just sent you an email) - can you repost and make sure the submission form is filled out?

Jay (Indigo Support)

Page 23 of 68 1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 68