Post Pics of Your Control Pages! (LOCKED - create new topic)

Posted on
Sun Feb 21, 2016 6:59 am
RAID5 offline

Re: Post Pics of Your Control Pages HERE!

Yes, or maybe a combo, preset scenes, I could live with two short words also

/RAID5
Sent from my iPhone with Tapatalk

RAID5 "A happy Swede addicted to automation"

Posted on
Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:01 am
RAID5 offline

Many have made very nice Control pages and many of you don't have the status bar at the top. How do I remove it?

/RAID5

RAID5 "A happy Swede addicted to automation"

Posted on
Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:03 am
jeremyjjr offline

Simplest way is not to view the control page through the Indigo app but through a browser on the tablet - Safari on iOS or Dolphin on Android both work well. I prefer Dolphin as it supports full screen kiosk mode.

J.

Posted on
Fri Mar 04, 2016 4:40 pm
raneil offline

There is some fantastic work being showcased in this thread! Among the many things that make the Indigo community special is the wealth of talent here, as well as the general willingness to share with one another the things we’ve learned and/or developed along the way. But Control Pages have always been a challenge to share with others. There’s no way to export them, and even attempting to share the associated artwork/images can quickly turn into a major project.

If you’ve been working on your designs for some time and you haven’t been especially careful with your file-naming practices (and even if you have!), it can be difficult to determine later exactly which images are used by which Control Pages. The tedium of manually clicking on each page element in the Control Page Editor and noting the filenames, one after another, is hardly the kind of thing we connoisseurs of automation would call worthy of our time. Am I right?

And if you’re like me, your …/images subfolders are full of obsolete/unused image files you could probably delete (or at least archive somewhere else). The problem is, they’re parked right alongside those images currently in use, and it’s tough to tell the former from the latter. Surely I’m not the only one with an unorganized mess of accumulated, years-old image files… am I?

Well, I set out to solve both problems and cobbled together a little utility app that makes it very easy to export all of the image files associated with the Control Page(s) of your choosing. It can also be used to create complete lists of those images — instantly identifying the ones currently in use, effectively separating the wheat from the chaff.

If you’re interested, download the Control Page Images app and let’s start sharing our work with one another.

To get the ball rolling, here are the exported images from the Control Pages I posted about a few pages back.

Now, it’s your turn!

Posted on
Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:19 pm
jens offline

Nice will try it.

//Jens

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Posted on
Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:38 am
howartp offline

RAID5 wrote:
Many have made very nice Control pages and many of you don't have the status bar at the top. How do I remove it?

/RAID5

http://wiki.indigodomo.com/doku.php?id= ... 5B%5D=hide

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Sun Mar 06, 2016 9:20 am
manoncloud9 offline

Inspiring stuff. Thanks so much for sharing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Fri Apr 22, 2016 12:05 am
lvrouter offline

I've been working with Home Automation as a hobby for over twenty years, starting way back in the "stone ages" with the old X-10 stuff, some of which I still have. Many variations and versions but none have been as exciting to me as Indigo and it's customization features. The fact that it's Mac based was the deal closer, I can't believe I waited this long to jump in with it. I've steered away from the high-end stuff, prefer DIY and strive to achieve stability and "wife acceptance". When we built this home 14 years ago, I prewired for just about everything (who know WiFi would become dominant) so there's a lot of Cat 5 but it does make it easy. as everything is wired to an equipment room with a rack containing the MacMinis, switches, patch panels, etc.

Inspired by others here and borrowing a few of the uploaded icon sets and with MANY thanks to everyone who submits plugins, I've created a full screen display, sort of a house dashboard. My goal was to have it running on a couple of 32" monitors around the house and in the equipment room. After a bit of experimentation I came up with a solution I haven't seen posted here before and it seems very elegant and has proven after a couple of weeks to be completely stable.

I use a MacMini dedicated to running Indigo (others handle media streaming), it's connected to a 32" monitor in the equipment room running a full screen browser with no tabs, etc. Then, using Air Parrot 2 (a truly great piece of software), I can "push" that image to the other screens using older model Apple TVs stuck to the back of the monitors. All over WiFi. Bandwidth usage is minimal, it's been completely stable and works great. Unlike AirPlay it works on the older MacMini AND can simultaneously drive multiple AppleTVs.

I've attached a screen shot showing the display, of course like everything else, it is always going to be a work in progress. Lots of status lights, it shows more detail than it probably should but I'm pleased with it so far. I may, at some point, simplify this just slightly.

On the back end, an HAI OmniPro II runs security and related activities, switches are all Insteon, power monitoring is a Brultech GEM and their Dashbox combined which I poll every minute via AppleScript to grab details. Power monitoring has always been a top priority for me, I hate the power bill and here in the desert, it was imperative to me to control the thermostats for the AC units as efficiently as possible. This screen also runs on iPads with a variety of control screens as well.

I'd be glad to share any of the stuff that drives this, nothing is too fancy, just some AppleScript polling a variety of devices.
Attachments
Screenshot 2016-04-21 22.43.44.png
Screenshot 2016-04-21 22.43.44.png (413.9 KiB) Viewed 6173 times

Posted on
Fri Apr 22, 2016 3:53 am
DaveL17 offline

@Ivrouter: Nice! I reckon that you left a garage door open. :D

Dave

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Posted on
Fri Apr 22, 2016 5:07 am
durosity offline

Whoa! I'm moving into your house... That's massive!!

Computer says no.

Posted on
Fri Apr 22, 2016 6:16 am
roussell offline

@Ivrouter: Very nice Control page, you have a lot of lights! Also, I'm INSANELY JEALOUS of your attached shop! That's fantastic!

Terry

Posted on
Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:32 am
Gusten offline

@Ivrouter: realy cool setup. What browser do you use and how do you solve the full screen browser?

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Posted on
Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:00 am
lvrouter offline

Browser was easy, running Safari on the MacMini, which is also the server, in full screen mode. Once you pick that there's a drop down box that says "Always Show Toolbar in Full Screen". Just uncheck that and you have nothing but screen, no chrome, no tabs, no menus. You do have to size the page carefully to get rid of scroll bars. Then that screen is replicated to other monitors in the house using Air Parrot 2 and Apple TVs as receivers. It appears to be bullet proof after a few weeks of operation.

I didn't realize how many actual lights we had (ceiling cans) until I started switching to LEDs. Budget buster. Entire house, inside and out, is now LED with the only exception being the "theater" (really just another bedroom with no closet, a projector, big screen, etc.). I left incandescent in there so the dimming would be appropriate and they're hardly ever on anyway.

By converting to LED, closely managing the AC units and lighting, I've managed to lower my power bill at least 25% from what it was in the early years, even after rate increases. AC is, of course, a big thing, but the outdoor security lighting (when it was incandescent) was a big energy hog. My house uses a comparable amount of energy to other houses half the size and only because of HA management.

BTW, my garage door was not open. As you all know, nothing is perfect with DIY home automation, In the past few weeks I'm having trouble with the wireless sensors on the garage doors, they're slow to report closings after ten years of working perfectly. The one area I did not run Cat 5 to. I do have Chamberlain controls on the doors so I can remotely close/open and get warnings if left open. Time for new wireless sensors in there.

Posted on
Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:20 am
Gusten offline

I am having problems With safari eating all My memory when using Control page that is always open, have you any problems With memory when leaving the Control page always open?

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Posted on
Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:57 am
RogueProeliator offline

By converting to LED, closely managing the AC units and lighting, I've managed to lower my power bill at least 25% from what it was in the early years, even after rate increases. AC is, of course, a big thing, but the outdoor security lighting (when it was incandescent) was a big energy hog. My house uses a comparable amount of energy to other houses half the size and only because of HA management.

Man, I was *just about* to post a comment earlier about the 2.3kW energy usage in a house that size - quite impressive!

Page 52 of 68 1 ... 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55 ... 68