Post Pics of Your Control Pages! (LOCKED - create new topic)

Posted on
Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:04 pm
DaveL17 offline

Re: Post Pics of Your Control Pages HERE!

This is something that I've just started messing around with. It uses Panic Software's Status Board app for the iPad.

The pic is merely a proof of concept at this point (the data are pretty much gibberish.) I have VERY rough python scripts that hammer out CSV and JSON files to a local folder which in turn feed the charts (I may change the scripts to read an sqlite database rather than Indigo real-time which will make it easier to do time-series data.) The Indigo log data is actual and is fed through RSS. Status board allows for refresh rates as low as 15 seconds.

One of the cool things about the Status Board app is that (for an in-app purchase) it will also output the screen through an HDMI adapter--if you want to go really BIG SCREEN. :D

http://www.panic.com/statusboard/
Attachments
photo.PNG
photo.PNG (100.46 KiB) Viewed 13416 times

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Posted on
Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:08 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Neat -- Status Board has a very nice looking UI. Let us know how it goes...

Posted on
Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:19 pm
DaveL17 offline

matt (support) wrote:
Neat -- Status Board has a very nice looking UI. Let us know how it goes...

It's pretty cool. It's very modular--there are standard modules that can handle several things (email, Twitter feeds, RSS, etc.) and the custom modules can handle CSV, JSON, and custom HTML. One drawback is that it's not really interactive. It's effectively passive. That's not a dig though--that's what it was designed for--and it does it well.

Posted on
Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:34 am
RickStreet offline

The "Toilet Art Light" is a flood that lights up some art work over the toilet... Not the most elegent wording (grin)

Rick

Rick

Posted on
Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:36 am
RickStreet offline

Dave is correct:

The sliders are likely static images like we were talking about above (i.e., slider+100.png, slider+90.png) and are representative of the dim state. The sliders show the dim state of the devices. I have put invisible buttons on either side of the sliders. Tapping on either side steps the dim state up or down. It works pretty well. I'd love to have real sliders.

Rick

Rick

Posted on
Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:32 am
DaveL17 offline

RickStreet wrote:
Dave is correct:

I never get tired of hearing that. :D

Posted on
Thu May 15, 2014 2:31 pm
jeremyjjr offline

I've been using Indigo for about 8 months now and am truly impressed with it's capabilities - both in the box and in the way that you can build custom devices, scripts and plugins to support pretty much anything. Below are three of my control pages that are served on a series of Galaxy Tab devices dotted around the house. They've been created using Pixelmator using many many layers and simply exporting PNGs with transparency.
Attachments
primary.jpg
This is the primary display where you can arm and disarm the alarm, review electricity usage for the day, change heating control settings and review monthly budgets (budget data comes from iBank with some hefty SQL python scripting)
primary.jpg (227.04 KiB) Viewed 13251 times
security.jpg
Implementing an automation status screen for each floor of the house - this one takes a lot of building!
security.jpg (494.97 KiB) Viewed 13251 times
lighting.jpg
This is one of the zone lighting controls
lighting.jpg (201.74 KiB) Viewed 13251 times
energy.jpg
This screen takes the data from a local weather station, average temperatures around the house (from EZMotion 3in1) and maps along side whole house energy data from the Aeotec Home Energy Monitor
energy.jpg (178.88 KiB) Viewed 13251 times

Posted on
Thu May 15, 2014 2:44 pm
colinpartridge offline

These pages are inspiring. Thanks for posting. I really haven't got to grips with control pages yet. I'm a bit ignorant on these matters but are these pages how they look on your tablets? I'm presuming these are being viewed using a browser?

cheers

Colin

Posted on
Thu May 15, 2014 2:53 pm
jeremyjjr offline

These pages are viewable in both Safari on the desktop and I use the Dolphin Browser on Android. Dolphin works well as it supports full screen viewing and control. I also use Kiosk software on the Samsung Tabs to lock them to only run the browser - that way they remain child and wife proof !!

Posted on
Thu May 15, 2014 3:15 pm
colinpartridge offline

Do you keep the tablets awake all the time? Whenever I've looked at android tablets the power button always appears to be tucked away on an edge rather than on the front like the ipad. How does this work for you and your family in practice if you don't mind me asking.

Colin

Ps the charts look great, are they generated by highcharts?

Posted on
Thu May 15, 2014 3:32 pm
jeremyjjr offline

The Tabs are kept awake using Tasker. It keeps the displays on 24x7 but reduces the brightness of the screens overnight. It works well enough that the wife has never complained!!

The charts are generated using gnuplot. I chose this as a number of my python scripts automatically generate the gnuplot scripts and then call gnuplot to run them. This allows for a variety of graphs to be generated from the same code.

Posted on
Thu May 15, 2014 3:41 pm
colinpartridge offline

Thats very helpful, thanks. I am looking at control pages to replace some elements of a sonos controller and some action groups in a bathroom. My first step will be to get the right tablet.
Colin

Posted on
Fri May 16, 2014 8:28 am
Shutter offline

I think I get what needs to be done to create custom control pages with external data. If I understand correctly one creates a web page and via the use of iframes adds Indigo control page elements.

What software do people recommend to create the custom webpages? Many years ago when I did some web design I used Freeway Pro, seeing as it was more like a page layout application that generated HTML code, it was also easy enough to add custom HTML.

Now I'm thinking I want something even simpler, and I'd even consider iWeb if it was still in development. (I'm sure I can find an old backup of iWeb but there has to be something more recent). I'm aware of RapidWeaver and Sandvox - but I'm guessing I don't even need something as elaborate as that for simple web based control pages with mostly external elements loading in via iframes, right?

I'm not a coder, more a page layout guy, so no hand coding HTML for me.

Posted on
Fri May 16, 2014 8:33 am
jeremyjjr offline

FWIW, none of the pages I displayed above use iFrames. They are all built using the standard page editor in Indigo. Dynamic images are updated using the variable file name capabilities. No additional HTML exists to render these.

Posted on
Fri May 16, 2014 9:10 am
Korey offline

jeremyjjr wrote:
I've been using Indigo for about 8 months now and am truly impressed with it's capabilities - both in the box and in the way that you can build custom devices, scripts and plugins to support pretty much anything. Below are three of my control pages that are served on a series of Galaxy Tab devices dotted around the house. They've been created using Pixelmator using many many layers and simply exporting PNGs with transparency.

Absolutely Beautiful. :D

--
Korey

Page 31 of 68 1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34 ... 68