Control pages and images - DrLove

Posted on
Sat Jan 10, 2015 11:17 pm
iblis offline

Re: Control pages and images - DrLove

Thanks for the pictures DrLove. That is a nice setup :)

I love the frame you have designed, but the only thing I would change is making the hole for the home button smaller so you would need like the tip of a pen to click it.

I smell a Kickstarter project. :D I would happily back you to get my hands on some of these. ;)

Best regards,
Andreas

Posted on
Sun Jan 11, 2015 4:27 am
DrLove offline

I have access to 3D-printers at the university, I work at the regional hospital and we have a good relation regarding innovations, prototypes and so on (that's why I have access to 3D-CAD).
But the finish of 3D-printed models are not that great :(

I have built my own CNC mill so I COULD make the mold my self but I can only work w/ aluminium and injection mold's should be made of hardened steel :/

Easiest/cheapest for me wold be to make frames in Al directly and not cast in plastic :)

I have not given up the expensive way, I'm still looking for a partner. Break even for the manufacturer (me and my non existing partner) is around 350 units @ customer price 500SEK/62USD incl. VAT, resellers margins and so on (which I think is reasonable). IF I can find a partner that also is a reseller the break even point is about 260 units. Still allot of units :) But the world is a large place.

Patents/design protection and so on is NOT included. I don't know if this is even something to ponder on, not worth it I think.

//L

Love Kull (yes it's my name)
Blog (in Swedish)
Sweden

Posted on
Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:19 pm
lochnesz offline

DrLove wrote:
Well, it's centigrade. This is warm for December. Will probably be down to -35 or worse later :)

Nice work!
I am about to add weather info to my control pages. Which plug-in are you using?

Posted on
Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:50 pm
DaveL17 offline

DrLove wrote:
I have built my own CNC mill so I COULD make the mold my self but I can only work w/ aluminium and injection mold's should be made of hardened steel :/

Not sure how I missed this. That is a very cool project Love; congratulations on such an ambitious and presumably successful thing.

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Posted on
Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:29 am
jphauck offline

Oh man. I just got major control panel envy. I love my adapters and switches and all that, and using the indigo client on my iPhone is awesome, but it sucks for visitors. I can't seem to get my head wrapped around how to even start building these. Several failed attempts and I am bummed out.

I want to learn. I want to make stuff like you created so I can have a panel or two around for guests and visitors to take control of items. Anyone training on this stuff? Or want to help me out?

Some days I fell I have so under my belt and some days I feel I have barely scratched the surfaces.

Jim
A huge fan of Indigo
Adding my home to the online world one brick at a time

Jim H.
Concord, CA