John R Patrick
Author of
Home Attitude

Posted on
Tue Nov 10, 2015 6:19 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Low Battery Notification script

Have you followed the instructions? There's nothing Insteon specific in there.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Sun Jul 31, 2016 5:19 pm
Turribeach offline

Hi, I am using this very useful script. Every now and then a battery device goes below the threshold and I start to get constant notifications. I am using lbnSkipNotification as per the script design but the issue I have is that I can't set lbnSkipNotification unless I am at home. So I would like to be able to control lbnSkipNotification for each of my battery devices from a control page. What's the best way of doing that? From what I can see the Global Property Manager plugin properties are not available in control pages. I could use a standard variable but then I will need to code the changes so that every time I change the variable I can set the corresponding device lbnSkipNotification value as well. Even if I were to do this I will have to write a custom script for each battery device since it doesn't look like that I can dynamically reference a device in a script. Any ideas?

Posted on
Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:28 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

You'll need to modify the script. One way would be to add another test to set skipNotification that looks for a variable that's device specific (maybe using some special naming scheme with the device id in it) and if the value is true then set skipNotification to true. Then you could just set that variable on a control page, through a script, via an action, etc.

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:20 pm
acesandeights18 offline

Hi Guys,
I got the script installed today. But it does not seem to be working. I have a few insteon devices with the last update is months ago. Like my Living room window sensor, its last update is 2018-04-16. But when I run the script I get nothing.

Nov 11, 2018 at 3:08:03 PM
Low Battery Notification Script Starting battery notification script with default battery threshold of 20% and time threshold of 0 days
Low Battery Notification Script No low batteries found

any idea on what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks
Chris

Posted on
Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:48 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Have you configured them via the instructions on the first post?

[EDIT] Insteon devices don't report battery levels so this script won't work without modifications.

Jay (Indigo Support)