Daikin SkyFi Plugin

Posted on
Fri Dec 18, 2015 8:12 pm
mclass offline

Daikin SkyFi Plugin

Hi,

Daikin in Australia offers a wifi controller for its ducted split system air conditioners called SkyFi. See: http://www.daikin.com.au/skyfi.

Their smartphone app is slow and clunky and relies on access to their central server, so I am investigating the possibility of an Indigo plugin. However, my software skills are zero, so there's no hope of doing the development myself :(

I have however, tracked down a documented API for the system here:

https://github.com/zoot1612/plugin-daikin-skyfi/blob/master/DaikinSkyfiAPI

I have undertaken limited validation via browser requests, so I'm on the right track (I think!)

Is anyone keen (or crazy) enough to tackle this? My fallback alternative is to send http requests (I have managed to do so for a few other but much less complex devices)

TIA and regards

mclass

Posted on
Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:24 am
agame offline

Re: Daikin SkyFi Plugin

no updates on this??

Posted on
Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:22 am
mclass offline

Hi,

Whilst the development of a plugin is beyond my technical abilities and time availability at present, I have successfully prepared a suite of (probably inelegant!) Python scripts that permits limited operation of the Daikin AC system via the SkyFi interface.

An extract from my control page showing the AC is attached.

These scripts are called by Indigo actions and are limited to Heat and Cool On, Off, and status update. If time (and cognitive function) permits, it is my intention to try my hand at a plugin - but please do not hold your breath!!

If the scripts are of interest/use, I am happy to post - but be aware they will require some edits (network address, passwords) and the manual creation of Indigo actions and variables to suit your system.
Attachments
AC Control Page.jpg
AC Control Page.jpg (14.43 KiB) Viewed 24594 times

Posted on
Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:24 pm
agame offline

Is this still working well?

I'm adding a new Daikin unit and figuring out whether to stick to a Remotetec IR device or go down this route. It works fine though there is the odd occasion you don't communicate, plus you don't have visibility of what temp the unit is sensing.

Posted on
Tue Nov 10, 2020 2:20 pm
mclass offline

It is working well, although I understand Daikin have withdrawn the SkyFi system as it was pretty awful!! And it was only available on ducted systems.

I have been using RM3 Minis on another installation to issue IR commands. The drawback is that there’s no feedback from the AC unit meaning if a command fails or someone uses the standard remote to change the settings the automation system is not aware of it!

I did do some experimenting with unit current measurement to monitor if thy were running, but it all got too hard!!

To address this I do regular “resets” to a known condition, and duplicating commands with a short delay, but it’s still not ideal :-(

I believe Daikin does have devices for their split units but they’re expensive - about $A300 when I last enquired.

There are also third party systems (eg Cool Automation) that when I last enquired were also very expensive.

If you haven’t committed to Daikin yet, I’d shop around. They make great AC systems but are lagging in the automation interface department!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Posted on
Sun Nov 15, 2020 7:13 am
agame offline

Interesting.

Actually looking closer, the current wifi module for Daikin splits isn’t called that, it seems to be Daikin WiFi Controller BRP072C42. It’s available for $A165 online which isn’t too bad.

Not clear what the API situation is with that[??] I’ll try to research further.

I have previously attempted to use the rm mini, however in recent firmware the api is locked down so indigo integration no longer possible, I believe.

As you say the primary attraction of an integrated solution is the feedback loop, that aside I find the remotec IR devices quite okay (putting aside a frustrating indigo integration.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:53 pm
agame offline

to close this off, I ended up with a BRP072A42 wireless LAN adaptor and with the help of some python snippets elsewhere on the forum, and API reference on gitgub, it integrates perfectly, both reading status info including internal and external temps. and controlling.

The current BRP072C42 version has somewhat more complicated authentication, but should also work fine as it appears otherwise identical.

Would definitely recommend this as a solid solution (a simple plugin would be nice of course!).

Posted on
Tue May 31, 2022 7:52 pm
mclass offline

The current BRP072C42 version has somewhat more complicated authentication, but should also work fine as it appears otherwise identical.

Has anyone had any luck integrating the BRP072C42 with Indigo? Ive just taken delivery of one, but all the (successful) solutions for other HA systems seem to depend on the Daikin cloud system

mclass

Posted on
Wed Jun 01, 2022 4:48 pm
neilk offline

The plugin I wrote is for BRP069B41 and I am not sure if it could be compatible but it would be worth a try and I am happy to help.

https://www.indigodomo.com/pluginstore/264/

Posted on
Thu Jun 02, 2022 12:46 pm
mclass offline

Thanks!

Attempted to run, with errors. Have detailed these in the Daikin WiFi Controller thread that seems more appropriate!;
https://forums.indigodomo.com/viewtopic.php?f=358&t=26144&p=210233&hilit=Daikin#p210233

mclass

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 1