Interesting ZWave TRV

Posted on
Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:47 am
Busta999 offline

Interesting ZWave TRV

http://www.vesternet.com/z-wave-eurotronic-spirit-smart-radiator-thermostat?utm_campaign=Latest+Products+28%2F10%2F2017++%28KXkf7Q%29&utm_medium=email&_ke=dmVzdGVybmV0QG1kaG9tZS5uZXQ%3D&utm_source=Everyone+in+account

@Autolog first noticed these on the horizon and now they are here at £57 each.

Interesting because they use FLiRS - i.e. realtime control (Frequently Listening Receiver Slave) which I believe means that even though it is battery operated it is capable of responding to device changes instantly.

Makes dynamic control of a rooms temperature closer to reality.

i.e., under Indigo, a motion detector sees someone in the room, Indigo can instruct the TRV to switch from a 17C maintenance to 20C inhabit mode.

It really opens up lots of possibility.

Also the price looks good.

When budget allows I'll get a few and report back.

Posted on
Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:18 am
autolog offline

Re: Interesting ZWave TRV

I have got three of these and am in the process of testing as very much a background job. :D

The FliRS seems to work well as you get a fairly instant response. Not fully supported in Indigo at the moment but testing using RAW Z-Wave commands.

On the face of it they seem a much better buy than the new Fibaro thermostats at £72 / £81.
I don't think the Fibaros are FLiRS AFAICS. :) .
FLiRS IMHO is the killer feature for a TRV (assuming basic functions work OK) - The one thing that has been missing from earlier TRVS such as the Danfoss LC13, Stella-Z, Comet and Popp TRV. :)

Posted on
Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:08 am
Busta999 offline

What are the odds of the FLiRS being supported in Indigo properly, is it something a Plugin could do?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Posted on
Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:31 pm
autolog offline

I think that FLiRS is already supported as it is used by z-wave locks. I t means that for a battery device, Indigo can send the command without having to queue it. However, I am not an expert in this by any means. :wink:

I am sure a plugin can be made to work with the Spirit. :)

Posted on
Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:45 pm
howartp offline

Yeah, I’ve been briefly chatting with Jon about these.

Assuming the raw commands I gave him are working, there’s no reason these won’t work with a plugin until a definition comes along.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Posted on
Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:42 pm
Busta999 offline

Very interested in this, I expect I’ll be getting a few of these once budgetary negotiates are complete

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Posted on
Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:30 am
mat offline

Definatly one to watch - i had a system running on the Danfloss and they dropped out so much, I gave up in the end. I'm sure I have about 10 in the loft if anyone wants them.

Late 2018 mini 10.14

Posted on
Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:22 am
MarcoGT offline

Very interesting, but also the Fibaro one is also interesting.
My father just installed Netatmo thermostat and 7 TRVs, they are awesome. (even if the cannot be linked with Indigo, so now he has heating not controllable by Indigo).

Just a side question: at my home I have underfloor heating so no need to use controllable Z-Wave heating system, but I have a radiator in the bathroom that I would like to have controlled, which valve can I buy which works with Indigo 7?
I do not need complicated schedule, just ON between x and y, then OFF, but I want to avoid to do it manually.

Thanks

Posted on
Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:06 am
racarter offline

@MarcoGT

The Stella Z would be fine for that duty. I have a similar setup and the Stella has worked fine for over a year. Just have a schedule to set the setpoint very low to turn off the radiator, and another to set it high to turn it back on.

Posted on
Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:25 am
MarcoGT offline

Thank your very much.
Only the "stlye" of the Stella Z is not so nice, but anyway :D

Page 1 of 1