App switching and fullscreen on indigo touch

Posted on
Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:37 am
esprits300 offline

App switching and fullscreen on indigo touch

hello, i am using the HideNavBar and viewUntilQuit in my URL to provide an iPhone interface. What i did was i have an icon on my desktop that opens a webpage with the indigo server and adds those parameters to the url to open a Fullscreen control page in indigo touch. all works fine until i leave the app. whenever i go back to it (i never close it), the NavBar shows back up. i do return to the previous control page i was on, so that part is nice but any way to hide the navbar EACH time i leave the app and come back? thank you!

Posted on
Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:54 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: App switching and fullscreen on indigo touch

If you launch it via the URL (so navbar is hidden), then switch out and immediately switch back does it stay hidden? That is, I wonder if the problem only occurs if iOS reclaims the memory used by Indigo Touch.

Posted on
Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:21 pm
esprits300 offline

if i leave it for any reason, swipe up, swipe down, double tap, go to home screen - and then go immediately back it never comes back WITHOUT the navbar. if i go to my shortcut and click it, it always works, i.e. no navbar. thought that was strange too.

Posted on
Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:58 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Thanks, we've confirmed this is a bug and are looking into it.

Posted on
Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:17 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Actually, it appears to be working correctly for me. When testing originally I was not using the viewUntilQuit option, which resulted in it restoring to the normal app mode (with nav bar) if I switched away and back. There is a small buglet there in that it switches back to the normal mode even if you just flick up or down (showing the iOS panels) and back. In those cases it should stay in the nav bar hidden mode since the user isn't really going to the home screen or another app, but it didn't.

But once I added the viewUntilQuit option it worked correctly and stayed in that mode (with nav bar hidden when I used hideNavBar) indefinitely. The only way to get it back to the normal mode was to force quit it (the desired behavior).

So, how are you specifying the URL exactly? Here is what mine looks like:

indigodomo://controlpage/somepagename?hideNavBar=1&viewUntilQuit=1

Posted on
Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:59 pm
esprits300 offline

I figured it out after your last post. I had a ? instead of an & in the address. once I changed it, it works perfect! thank you!!!

Posted on
Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:47 pm
kwijibo007 offline

esprits300 wrote:
i have an icon on my desktop that opens a webpage with the indigo server and adds those parameters to the url to open a Fullscreen control page in indigo touch.

Hi,

Could you please talk me through how you made the icon with the custom URL? I'm fine with the URL part... just how you got it on the home screen?

Pete

Posted on
Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:11 am
durosity offline

I posted a How To on that a while ago but can’t find the link. It’s quite easy though.. all you need to do is either use the iPhone Configuration Utility or macOS servers profile service... there’s an option in there for web clips which you add and you can put in the custom Icon, Name and URL.. once done and the profile is added to the device the link will appear on your home screen! If I can find my how-to I’ll link it here as it has screenshots n stuff.

Computer says no.

Posted on
Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:13 am
durosity offline

(Of course if Matt & Jay could just add toggles for these settings directly into indigo touch we wouldn’t need to do that... cough cough ;)

Computer says no.

Posted on
Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:35 pm
kwijibo007 offline

Cough cough cough... I think what you have it catching.

Thanks durosity, I'll give that a try.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:51 am
durosity offline

If only my adopted brother Jay caught the fever too ;)

Computer says no.

Page 1 of 1