Kwikset SmartCode 916 Z-Wave Motorized deadbolt support

Posted on
Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:55 pm
sarahcat offline

Kwikset SmartCode 916 Z-Wave Motorized deadbolt support

I've seen a specific question about this Z-Wave lock, but with no response. There is also a general statement that most Z-Wave locks are supported, however, I'd like to know if anyone has experience with the Kwikset SmartCode 916, using it with Indigo 6 or 7. Since locks are not really listed in the compatibility list, should I assume that practically ANY Z-Wave lock is supported to lock or unlock via Indigo? I'm not speaking of PIN management or remote PIN changes, which seemed to be a contentious topic.

Basically, I just want to enroll a door lock into Indigo, have it recognized, and be able to control the state of the lock. The Kwikset SmartCode 916 would be a replacement for an older Kwikset electronic lock that had no remote interface.

I'm asking in the Forums, since that was the suggestion, elsewhere.

Posted on
Sat Dec 03, 2016 7:14 pm
Bollar offline

Re: Kwikset SmartCode 916 Z-Wave Motorized deadbolt support

We know the Kwikset 910 works. with Indigo 7 (no Z-Wave locks work with Indigo 6). I think it's a reasonable assumption that the 916 would work as well.

Insteon / Z-Wave / Bryant Evolution Connex /Tesla / Roomba / Elk M1 / SiteSage / Enphase Enlighten / NOAA Alerts

Posted on
Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:31 pm
FlyingDiver offline

Yeah, the 910, 914, and 916 all look to be the same lock with different faceplates. Just make sure you get the Z-wave version and not the Zigbee version.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:51 pm
sarahcat offline

:D Thanks. :D I upgraded to Indigo 7 a couple of weeks ago. I was not 100% certain the comment about Z-Wave lock compatibility referred to Indigo 7 only, or if it applied to Indigo 6 as well. I appreciate the responses. I'm in the process of setting up a semi-headless (I'm using a TV as a monitor and a wireless keyboard for updates and maintenance, but using an iPad as a remote console.) Mac Mini for use as an Indigo server and a Security Spy host and freeing up my primary Mac for interactive use. The lock installation will be the first part of my addition of sensors to my existing video surveillance system.

My next addition will be three Z-Wave door sensors, a garage door monitor and control, and a couple of the Fibaro 'eyeball' multi-sensors. I may not use window sensors, since the multi-sensors will detect activity and they should protect window entry.

Page 1 of 1