'Latest Posts' in forum...

Posted on
Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:11 pm
colin_d offline

'Latest Posts' in forum...

A forum feature request

Would it be possible to have a general 'New Content' or 'Latest Posts' listing of recent posts from all areas of the forum?
Like many I've gleaned a lot of valuable info from all the excellent contributions on the forum, but sometimes just want to dip in and skim the latest posts and keep up with the hot issues. At the moment this involves checking each area heading for recent posts and then drilling down to locate something, then back up to the top level again.
Unless I've missed something :lol: (quite possible).

Maybe easy access to recent posts could lead to quicker responses by members who have something to contribute?
I'd certainly be a more regular visitor!

Colin

Posted on
Tue Sep 15, 2015 6:08 pm
FlyingDiver offline

Re: 'Latest Posts' in forum...

There's a pop up button on the upper right of the page with your forum name on it. Under it there's "new posts" and "active topic" search items.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:02 am
colin_d offline

That comes from browsing the forum without logging in!

Thanks Joe :oops:

Posted on
Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:15 am
DomoPat offline

And you can do a bookmark of that 'new posts' page and access it directly, this is my favorite way of checking what happens on the forum.

Patrick

Posted on
Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:41 am
autolog offline

I use an RSS reader called Reeder to monitor the forums - Reeder is available from the App Store.
It displays new posts automagically (you can set refresh interval - I have it set to 5 minutes).

The forum View new posts option isn't 100% accurate - it doesn't always pick up new posts and the same applies to View active topics.
See this old post: [ANSWERED]: Active Topics?

I have Reeder is running in the Dock and it shows a badge with the number of unread posts.

You can also get it to for iOS :)

Enough of the sales pitch - I am in no way associated with Reeder; just a satisfied user :D

Posted on
Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:14 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

RSS rocks (IMO) - I use ReadKit on my Macs, Mr. Reader on my iPad, and Reeder 2 on my iPhone (though, honestly, I don't really use it much since either a Mac or iPad is almost always at hand). All of which connect to Feedbin to keep all my RSS feeds in sync so I don't see repeats, and it has a decent web interface if I ever have to get to my feeds and don't have any of my devices around.

I love this combination - the best RSS reading experience for each platform (for me, anyway), but all synced up so they all show the right unread items. I have a quite a few RSS feeds I monitor, not just our forum feed (though it is the first on the list), and I rarely have a problem where I'm out of sync.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Page 1 of 1