[ANSWERED] Editable Wikis

Posted on
Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:42 am
Shutter offline

[ANSWERED] Editable Wikis

Hi guys,

I'm reading all the documentation you have online, both wikis and user guide and was wondering if there were any plans to implement a true wiki, with community edits and entries?

While I really appreciate all the helpful info in the forums and on the plugin developers own websites, a central repository of information would be very useful place for new users, like myself, to quickly access. Also, and this is coming from someone who writes how-to docs for work, I know what it's like when you know the ins and outs of the software really well and how you might miss the things new/inexperienced users might stumble across.

There have been a couple of plugin docs that I felt could do with some clarification. Not only would a central repository of information be useful, but also a place where others could suggest edits could really streamline working with Indigo. (For example, I spent the last three days trying to get a plugin to work before I realised, what in hindsight I should have figured out sooner, I was doing wrong. All it would have taken would have been a short sentence and I would have got to the solution earlier. I still have one outstanding issue to solve but I'm trying to work that out myself before posting on the forum :? ).

Posted on
Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:01 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Editable Wikis

While we won't open up the user guide or dev documentation to the public for edits, I would like to see a community driven wiki. I'm not sure when we'll get something like that in place, but it is on our list.

Do please email us (indigo-support AT perceptiveautomation.com) any wiki corrections/edits/suggestions you might have. We would definitely like to incorporate them if possible.

Posted on
Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:23 am
Shutter offline

Re: Editable Wikis

matt (support) wrote:
While we won't open up the user guide or dev documentation to the public for edits, I would like to see a community driven wiki. I'm not sure when we'll get something like that in place, but it is on our list.

Do please email us (indigo-support AT perceptiveautomation.com) any wiki corrections/edits/suggestions you might have. We would definitely like to incorporate them if possible.

Hi Matt,

Your user guide is actually fine, I was thinking more for 3rd party plugins, tips, how-tos, and the like, i.e. a hosted MediaWiki powered one.

Posted on
Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:11 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: [ANSWERED] Editable Wikis

That was actually our original intention. We've had almost no expressed interest - and the few who we have given access to the current wiki (minus the documentation section) haven't really made any significant ongoing contributions. Send an email to us (indigo DASH support AT perceptiveautomation DOT com) and we'll discuss more.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Page 1 of 1