Autelis Pool Control Plugin - for Jandy Aqualink

Posted on
Mon May 28, 2012 3:10 pm
nlagaros offline

Autelis Pool Control Plugin - for Jandy Aqualink

I have completed the initial revision of an Autelis Pool Control plugin for Indigo. It utilizes a relatively new TCP command set the Autelis crew made available in a special firmware. It seems to be working, but I cannot test in ernest since my pool is shut down for the winter.

Download Page: https://vulture.lagaros.com/wiki/pages/c72216q9/Autelis_Jandy_Pool_Control_Plugin.html#

Not sure there is much demand, but happy to work with anyone who has this device.

Posted on
Mon May 28, 2012 7:04 pm
hamw offline

Re: Autelis Pool Control Plugin - for Jandy Aqualink

Thank you for a terrific plugin- the revision works great and has few, if any, problems with dropping the connection.

I'd like to be able to directly set the spa temp from a control page. My thought was to modify an Indigo variable that would trigger a script to insert the new value. I'm using a code snippet to send a direct string to the Simple Serial plugin for my whole house audio matrix switch, but would not know how to modify that script to update the Spa Temp device state. Any advice?

Posted on
Mon May 28, 2012 7:38 pm
nlagaros offline

I thought I created actions to set various temperatures. Im not in front if a computer right now so cant go throughnthe code. My approach would be to have a few buttons with preset temperatures that would call a preset action. Would something like that work for you? I'm happy to add code to fit your use case if it can be used by others. I'm no sure I fully understand the proposed workflow.

Posted on
Mon May 28, 2012 8:58 pm
hamw offline

Yes, you did. It's easy to create static buttons that change the temp settings. Since the plugin supplies a lot of info already, it seems like a variable change would save space on the page, rather than adding a series of buttons for the pool and a series of buttons for the spa. Just thought it might be scriptable.
Attachments
IMG_0926.PNG
IMG_0926.PNG (68.33 KiB) Viewed 6806 times

Posted on
Tue May 29, 2012 4:47 am
nlagaros offline

I guess the challenge is finding some way from a control page to enter the desired value. From there it is an easy exercise. Would be cool to have a slider or some other object that could take a variable input - you would almost want to pop up the keyboard to enter a value.

Posted on
Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:05 pm
jkurl offline

@nlaragos do I need to have indigo installed to use this plugin?

Posted on
Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:38 pm
nlagaros offline

Yes - Indigo is required. I listen to the Autelis socket and update device state variables. Actions are also written to the Indigo API. I think you will find this with all plugins on this site.

Posted on
Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:40 pm
nlagaros offline

Page 1 of 1