Jandy Aqualink Pool / Spa Control - AppleScripts updated

Posted on
Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:49 am
nlagaros offline

Re: Jandy Aqualink Pool / Spa Control

All - there is another very cool option for Jandy Pool Control: http://www.autelis.com. They have built a web-enabled controller. I've had this for a couple of months and it is just perfect. No serial port worries with this little box - it hooks up in line with they keypad controller.

Posted on
Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:10 am
kpfriedberg offline

Seems neat but 1) is expensive 2) is there a manual anywhere so I can see how it's set up and 3) can it communicate with Indigo so it's not yet another system to deal with as ideally I'd like all home automation dine through indigo.

Posted on
Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:18 am
nlagaros offline

There is a product wiki page on the site. It was pretty simple for me. I connected four wires to the Jandy Control box in parallel with the keypad. You can get status and send commands via HTTP calls. The product is new and they seem to be open to suggestions on improving it.

From my perspective it was less expensive than getting the serial hardware to connect to the control box and then wiring up serially to my mac. That would have been a logistical hassle for me.

Posted on
Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:32 am
kpfriedberg offline

Ah. I got the serial adapter for free and got the installer to wire it so the adapter was close to my Mac.

Posted on
Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:37 pm
hamw offline

Very lucky for me I just got an RS-8 One Touch board to replace my PDA board. I am interested in this alternative and have looked at the website. Pretty cool.

As per kpfriedberg, could it be used easily with Indigo, or is it really just stand-alone? I'm OK with RS232 although I'm a getting a little worried with Serial Bridge and going to Lion.

Could you elaborate on its advantages over the current serial applications?

Posted on
Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:29 pm
yergeyj offline

hamw wrote:
Very lucky for me I just got an RS-8 One Touch board to replace my PDA board. I am interested in this alternative and have looked at the website. Pretty cool.

As per kpfriedberg, could it be used easily with Indigo, or is it really just stand-alone? I'm OK with RS232 although I'm a getting a little worried with Serial Bridge and going to Lion.

Could you elaborate on its advantages over the current serial applications?

Actually, just today posted a new version of the Jandy Aqualink AppleScripts that operate using SerialX, which is Lion compatible, to replace the earlier scripts based on Serial Bridge.

Have a look and hopefully these will meet your needs.

Jim

Posted on
Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:58 pm
hamw offline

nlagaros wrote:
There is a product wiki page on the site. It was pretty simple for me. I connected four wires to the Jandy Control box in parallel with the keypad. You can get status and send commands via HTTP calls. The product is new and they seem to be open to suggestions on improving it.

From my perspective it was less expensive than getting the serial hardware to connect to the control box and then wiring up serially to my mac. That would have been a logistical hassle for me.

nlagaros, could you post your Autelis HTTP scripts? Are you populating variables for control pages? Can you program the Jandy within Indigo Touch from your phone with the Autelis interface or is it more like the AquaPalm where you're setting temps, spa/pool etc?

Posted on
Sat Sep 03, 2011 6:00 am
nlagaros offline

I have not integrated with Indigo yet, but it seems very straightforward. I will probably create a simple plugin soon. The http command reference is here: http://www.autelis.com/wiki/index.php?t ... _Reference

You cannot program the Jandy, but only control equipment and set temperatures. It does have a neat alerting mechanism for various thresholds - but I would use Indigo for that.

I will let you know when I am getting close with the plugin. I was working on a TED5000 plugin and am close to an initial push, but have been off the grid since Sunday. Hopefully power comes back soon.

Posted on
Sun Dec 18, 2011 3:09 pm
nlagaros offline

Re: Jandy Aqualink Pool / Spa Control - AppleScripts updated

I have completed the initial revision of an Autelis Pool Control plugin for Indigo. It utilizes a relatively new TCP command set the Autelis crew made available in a special firmware. It seems to be working, but I cannot test in ernest since my pool is shut down for the winter.

Download Page: https://vulture.lagaros.com/wiki/pages/c72216q9/Autelis_Jandy_Pool_Control_Plugin.html#

Not sure there is much demand, but happy to work with anyone who has this device.

Posted on
Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:22 pm
hamw offline

Wow, this might solve a lot of problems. My pool, via wired connection,is over 200 ft from my computer. Tried an RS485 wireless bridge but apparently Jandy uses some weird proprietary implementation that will not communicate with standard equipment. Do you just wire the Autelis into the OneTouch display and then plug it into your network somewhere at port 6000? With the Autelis, I might be able to use a standard WiFi wireless bridge to connect that distance, vs running wire from the pool house to the house.

I looked at the Autelis website and it seems they now have enabled programming. Does your plugin support that or is it best to leave that to the Autelis web interface?

Posted on
Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:15 am
nlagaros offline

You have it right. The Autelis device can connect via 4-wires to the OneTouch display as well as any port on your network. TCP port 6000 is the socket that the plugin will connect to to communicate with the device.

The plugin supports these actions:

aux devices - on/off/toggle
pool or spa pumps - on/off/toggle
pool or spa heat - on/off/toggle
pool or spa heat set points - +/-/direct entry

You can use combinations of actions and triggers to simulate and likely exceed what you are able to do directly with the Jandy AquaLink.

Posted on
Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:53 pm
hamw offline

Got the Autelis and it works! Have downloaded the plugin and am not sure I've configured it correctly. It is asking for the IP and port. I entered 10.0.1.63 (Airport IP) and 6000. Maybe I've not turned on the port correctly?

I went to the Airport config window and created a TCP port at 6000. Any setup advice?

Posted on
Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:00 pm
nlagaros offline

You need to put the IP address of the Autelis device in the plugin configuration. TCP port 6000 is what they use as a default for the command set. I don't think it is changeable at is point.

Have you updated the device with the special firmware that has the TCP API support?

Posted on
Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:21 pm
hamw offline

Tried updating the unit - am running 1.20 currently - and got "Error uploading firmware: Error Code 0 received: invalid hex file"

Any thoughts?

Posted on
Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:19 am
nlagaros offline

Which software are you trying to upload to the device? I think this is the one you need (assuming you do not have the IR model): http://www.autelis.com/downloads/pc100jz/FirmwareUpdater-PC100JZ-TCPSerial-1.2.0.jar.

I've not gotten that error before - sound like the file may be corrupt. I'd re-download and try again. If this does not work, ask their support folks. They have been super responsive when I've had questions.

Page 3 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8