API for integration with Philips Pronto

Posted on
Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:05 am
lombrano offline

API for integration with Philips Pronto

I'm developping some control pages on my Philips Pronto 9600 using Pronto Edit Professional.

The Pronto 9600 uses javascript and is able to open tcp sockets and make http calls. So, I was wondering the best option to control Indigo from the Pronto.

Is there an http API I can call ?

Thanks in advance for your help

Antonio

Posted on
Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:12 am
gareth_reakes offline

(No subject)

Hey,

I started work on this a couple of weeks back in my spare time. I have a module that connects and can turn stuff on and off etc but I have not done any front end stuff yet. Would you like to share work on this? I am a software developer by trade so the back end is easier for me than making the front end nice!

I intended to share the work with the community afterwards, what are your thoughts on this?

Cheers,

Gareth

Posted on
Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:56 pm
lombrano offline

Let's try

Yes, we can try to join efforts and share the work afterwards. If you do agree I could try and use your module with some control pages.
What I was planning to create is:
- A control page to turn lights on/off
- A control page for my sprinkler automation
- Some control pages for the home theatre and for the multiroom a/v distribution (I'm planning to use the irtrans and ired software for infrared commands, all controlled using applescript in indigo - some a/v equipment could be controlled using serial protocols and serial bridge).
I'm quite busy, and this is just an hobby in my spare-time. Please let me know how to contact you directly.
Antonio

Posted on
Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:35 am
bmoraes offline

(No subject)

I'd like to help as well if possible.

Not very knowledgeable of programming but I've been trying working on that recently.

Posted on
Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:11 pm
editordz offline

(No subject)

I would like to help out as well!

-Dan

Posted on
Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:20 am
lombrano offline

Sure ...

bmoraes, dan,

sure you can help .... I will contact you in private. I will also ask gareth, who is actively working on the code, to identity the best option to work together.

Antonio

Posted on
Fri May 22, 2009 4:53 am
gareth_reakes offline

(No subject)

For anyone who finds this thread we now have a working prototype. It take s a little bit of setting up and does not yet support the wheel etc but it works fine for turning things on/off/dimming getting state etc etc. Feel free to contact me at gareth at reakes dot com if you want to have a copy of the module or want to help out.

Posted on
Fri May 22, 2009 9:25 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

(No subject)

gareth_reakes wrote:
For anyone who finds this thread we now have a working prototype. It take s a little bit of setting up and does not yet support the wheel etc but it works fine for turning things on/off/dimming getting state etc etc. Feel free to contact me at gareth at reakes dot com if you want to have a copy of the module or want to help out.

Thanks much Gareth!

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:39 pm
ecrabb offline

Re: API for integration with Philips Pronto

Long-time Indigo user, here... I'm bumping this thread because I want in on the action... I want to try to do the same thing, but with a different controller...

I've been using iRule on the iPhone to control both IP gear directly, as well as serial and IR gear via a Global Caché GC-100 IP gateway. I had a Smarthome serial X-10 interface, and was sending serial commands to that via the GC-100, which in turn was triggering events in Indigo... It was all working, then at some point, something broke it... Rather than spend the time troubleshooting it, I may as well let iRule send commands directly to Indigo.

I guess what I really need is to figure out how to construct the strings to send Indigo. Is that documented anywhere?

Thanks, guys!

SC
Last edited by ecrabb on Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted on
Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:53 pm
ecrabb offline

Never mind... I think this was all I needed:

http://www.perceptiveautomation.com/wik ... stful_urls

I'll give it a whirl and report back here.

Thanks!
SC

Posted on
Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:03 pm
ecrabb offline

One last post and I'll shut up in this thread... Since my subject really had nothing to do with the Pronto specifically, I'm kind of threadjacking... So, I started my own thread:
iRule iPhone/iPod touch remote and Indigo...

The short version is Indigo is working perfectly. I'm assuming the methodology is similar for the Prontos.

Thanks!

SC

Posted on
Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:17 pm
Betacruxis offline

Hello Gareth,

By any chance, do you still have that module to integrate Pronto with Indigo?
Would really appreciate any help on this regard.
Thanks in advance.

Alex

Page 1 of 1