[ANSWERED]: Restful API - Device ID in place of Device Name?

Posted on
Sat Nov 19, 2016 9:08 am
Brady offline

[ANSWERED]: Restful API - Device ID in place of Device Name?

I'm 90% sure I already know the answer to this, but can I interact with the device ID in place of the device name in anyway? I'm using HA Bridge to support Google Home and unfortunately if you set On/Off URLs that have spaces in the name (even with correct %20 url encoding) it returns an error. So I either have to rename all of my devices to eliminate spaces OR possibly interact with devices via Device ID which makes it so if I rename something later I don't break everything in my system.

I've already submitted the bug to the HA Bridge git project... but I really like the idea of using Device IDs.

As I said... pretty sure this is not possible today and that the RESTful API is up for a major overhaul... so add this feature request to the list :-)

Posted on
Sat Nov 19, 2016 10:32 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Restful API - Device ID in place of Device Name?

Brady wrote:
As I said... pretty sure this is not possible today and that the RESTful API is up for a major overhaul... so add this feature request to the list :-)

You are correct here. Not possible today, but the odds are very likely it will be after we overhaul the Web server (which is pretty high on the priority list, but no ETA).

Page 1 of 1