Invoke java program from Indigo

Posted on
Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:50 am
rbdubz3 offline

Invoke java program from Indigo

I have written a standalone java program that manipulates Osram Lightify Bulb color temp and brightness. It is currently controlled via Mac OS 'LaunchAgent' which is similar to cron. LaunchAgent starts up every 5 minutes, and the java program only runs for a few seconds. I would like to control it from the Indigo server if possible. The color changing bulbs are in a few lamps in a larger great room. The room also has many recessed lights controlled by Insteon switches..

So my goal is to do the following:
1) If no Insteon switched recessed lighting is in use, run the color/dim changing java program to manipulate bulb temps.
2) if recessed lighting is in use, do NOT run the color/dim java program.. Instead I plan to manipulate color/dim levels in accordance with the Insteon switches

Any examples you can point me to that show how to invoke a java program from Indigo (on a scheduled basis)? At some point I may look to re-write this java program in python but I am not yet ready

thanks in advance!

I automate because I am lazy :D - My Plugins: https://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=309

Posted on
Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:06 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Invoke java program from Indigo

Check out Python's os.subprocess module.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Page 1 of 1