Any thoughts on device dependencies?

Posted on
Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:43 pm
jon offline

Re: Any thoughts on device dependencies?

I agree on the button name. Still trying other options on for size as I debug the rest of the UI.

Also agreed on hiding options that aren't relevant. I've the the UI querying the model and firmware version of the processor and I'm working through the show/hide details now.

Every model has all four devices. I provided checkboxes to disable devices just to save device list clutter for people who don't use all the functions, but I'm questioning the value of that as this dialog gets bigger.

Speaking of which, I'm not sure how to deal with an annoyance I've come across in building a dynamic UI. If I hide 15- or 20-odd configuration options until I connect to the processor and determine its model and firmware version, I wind up with a tiny dialog with a tiny scroll bar to scroll through all the newly-revealed options. Is there a way to force the factory UI (or any UI, really) bigger even though most of the options are hidden when it's first drawn?

Posted on
Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:50 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

jon wrote:
Speaking of which, I'm not sure how to deal with an annoyance I've come across in building a dynamic UI. If I hide 15- or 20-odd configuration options until I connect to the processor and determine its model and firmware version, I wind up with a tiny dialog with a tiny scroll bar to scroll through all the newly-revealed options. Is there a way to force the factory UI (or any UI, really) bigger even though most of the options are hidden when it's first drawn?

We haven't gotten it into the mainline docs yet, but from the New APIs post for Indigo 7:

Added XML <Field> node attribute type alwaysUseInDialogHeightCalc which can be set to true to have the initial dialog's height expanded to include the height of the control even if it is initially invisible.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:20 am
howartp offline

Ooooh!

I'd missed that as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro