Object Detection in Images

Posted on
Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:05 am
roussell offline

Re: Object Detection in Images

Different Computers wrote:
Are you TRYING to make me cry? Here I am, only a few miles outside of one of my state's major metro areas, and I'm stuck with 10Mbps up/0.895 up!

RogueProeliator wrote:
I think he was talking internal network... but, yeah, that stinks! I might even stop complaining about the new bandwidth caps COX put in place.... nah, I'll keep complaining.

Yep sorry!! I was talking about the LAN, 10Gb fibre between the monster servers and "core" switch, then 1gb copper to the minis and most everything else. My Internet connection is 100Mb down and 7-10Mb up through a Charter (Spectrum?) commercial account, max residential around here is 60/5, but going "commercial' got me additional bandwidth and a static IP for only an extra $40/month. I've been threatening the wife about moving to the Chattanooga Tennessee area where they have 1Gb for the same price I'm paying for 100Mb.

RogueProeliator wrote:
Well, to be fair my internal switches are all 1Gbps with Cat6 wiring -- and I have been trying to make sure all the cameras are on one switch along with the NVR just for organization / less hops. I am jealous of the fiber, and I had considered it, but in the end didn't own any equipment for, nor have the necessary knowledge to do all the terminations. The extent of my fiber work has pretty much been to look at the end of a cable and say "yet, getting light through there" and plug it in. I can at least terminate and run Cat6 :) #NotANetworkingExpert

Pretty much the same setup here, with the exception of the fibre, and it's only intra-cabinet in the bat cave. Totally not-needed, but all the gear was free when I built the new data center for the company I work for so why not?!?! 8)

Terry