Simple thermostat question

Posted on
Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:00 pm
KostasV offline

Simple thermostat question

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to write a plugin for the British Gas Hive Thermostat (ZigBee device) using their 'unofficial' API.

When it comes to heating (on a manual mode) you just set it to a temperature and Hive then turns-on the gas boiler until the thermostat (placed in a room in the home) reaches that temperature.

I have tried to look and learn from the NEST plugin but there are so many options that are not needed for a simple heat service like Hive, can they be disabled somehow?

I've read through the forums and managed to 'remove' the by setting the 'SupportsHvacFanMode' to False, but for example there is no 'Cool' option in Hive as it is used just for heating. So in essence it is either 'Off' or 'Heat On' - unless I got something wrong...

Also when I use the arrows the increment is by 1.0 degree, Hive uses 0.5 by default (20, 20.5, 21, 21.5, etc) so is there a way to increment by 0.5 instead of 1.0?

Thank you!
Attachments
small.png
indigo options
small.png (71.95 KiB) Viewed 1479 times

Posted on
Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:39 am
noel1983 offline

Re: Simple thermostat question

Hi, did you manage to make any more progress with this? I've got hive and love it primarily for the boost feature that we use almost exclusively for heating in the evenings. I'd love to have this in indigo so I could then call it through alexa! Happy to help test etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:41 am
noel1983 offline

Meant to say that I can do the alexa bit with the hive skill but I'd prefer all through indigo as the hive skill is a bit temperamental

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:39 pm
Peps offline

Hi KostasV,

Did you manage to make any progress on this Hive plugin?

I am sure there are several of us in the UK looking forward to your successful outcome..

Page 1 of 1