Plugin won't disable or change

Posted on
Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:13 pm
RedYuriPrime offline

Plugin won't disable or change

This is my first attempt at scripting a plugin. Got it to do a couple of basic actions working, and then tried to make changes to python.py to improve functionality. That's when things went wrong.

Now, even after using the plugin menu disable option, so that the plugin is moved over to the disabled folder, I still have access to the command I put into the Menu Items folder of the plugin, and the plugin menu disable option is still presented to me. Also, setting up an action group and seeking the action I created in the Server Plugin folder, I see the action presented twice, once greyed out and once not. When I selected the option not greyed out and run the action group, it runs the original version of the code, despite the fact I have now changed it.

Essentially it is like Indigo has kept a second copy of the plugin and keeps running that :evil: - but I have no idea where!

OK - restarted Indigo and the odd behaviour disappeared - e.g. old ghost version of plugin disappeared - however the new version isn't working at all (although that could easily be my fault - the ghost version stopped me testing the changes!)

Any suggestions as to what happened, and more importantly how to avoid it happening again ! :shock: Has anyone else had a similar experience?

Z-wave system with 80+ devices, Indigo7 on a dedicated MacMini
Controlling lighting, heating, hotwater, security; but still a lot to learn ... :shock:

Posted on
Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:39 pm
FlyingDiver offline

Re: Plugin won't disable or change

Depending on your editing environment, you could be having an issue where the editor is keeping a copy of the text in the "Enabled" folder, even though you disabled the plugin. What most developers do is have the master copy of the plugin in a projects type folder somewhere, with a symlink in Indigo's folders pointing to the master. That way your editor is never pointed at the Indigo folders. For example:

Code: Select all
Shamu:~ user$ ls -l /Library/Application\ Support/Perceptive\ Automation/Indigo\ 7/Plugins
total 16
drwxrwxr-x@ 3 user  staff  102 Nov 23 12:51 Example Device - Relay and Dimmer.indigoPlugin
drwxrwxr-x@ 3 user  staff  102 Nov 23 12:51 Example Device - Sensor.indigoPlugin
lrwxr-xr-x  1 user  admin   74 Dec  3 16:34 Masquerade.indigoPlugin -> /Users/user/Projects/Indigo PlugIns/Masquerade/Masquerade.indigoPlugin/
lrwxr-xr-x  1 user  admin   66 Nov 28 21:13 Roomba.indigoPlugin -> /Users/user/Projects/Indigo PlugIns/Roomba/Roomba.indigoPlugin/
drwxrwxr-x  3 user  admin  102 Jul  8  2015 Virtual Devices.indigoPlugin

Shamu:~ user $ ls -l ~/Projects/Indigo\ PlugIns/Roomba/
total 16
-rw-r--r--  1 user  staff  1066 Nov 28 15:43 LICENSE.txt
-rw-r--r--@ 1 user  staff   502 Dec 30 10:28 README.md
drwxr-xr-x  3 user  staff   102 Nov 28 15:43 Roomba.indigoPlugin

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Page 1 of 1