Can closedDeviceConfigUi update changes to Config dev?

Posted on
Tue Mar 22, 2016 12:52 pm
zurich offline

Can closedDeviceConfigUi update changes to Config dev?

Greetings,

After I make change to device prefs in Configure myDevice I have the method closedDeviceConfigUi run updateDeviceStates() to update for the changes made in Configure myDevice. The problem is updateDeviceStates() is not seeing the changes made unless I reload the plugin.

Is there a way to have Configure myDevice changes incorporated when closedDeviceConfigUi runs or closes?

Kind regards?

Z

Posted on
Tue Mar 22, 2016 3:04 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Can closedDeviceConfigUi update changes to Config dev?

No. That method is the final one called in the lifecycle of the dialog, and as such the valuesDict has yet to be saved.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Tue Mar 22, 2016 6:12 pm
zurich offline

Greetings,

So if a change is made to the device prefs in Configure myDevice, the only way for them to take effect is to reload the plugin?

kind regards,

Z

Posted on
Tue Mar 22, 2016 6:56 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

For the device states I believe you'll need to move it outside the scope of that callback. The problem is the device API isn't really ready to accept state changes inside that API because the device is still being defined (or edited). If the user has changed any of the device properties (valuesDict), then your deviceStartComm() callback will be called (unless you've overridden didDeviceCommPropertyChange) after the dialog is closed so that can be a good place to update device states.

Page 1 of 1