ValueError: insecure string pickle

Posted on
Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:44 pm
lindehoff offline

Hi,
I'm trying to create an plugin for IKEA Trådfri and found a 3:e party python module that can talk to this device.
The problem that I'm having is that I get an error when I try to use this module in my plugin. The weird part is that it works in the Scripting Shell.
Here is the code
Code: Select all
import sys
sys.path.append(/'3:e party module path/')
import pytradfri
api = pytradfri.coap_cli.api_factory('IP', Secret Key')

But when I try to use it in an plug in I get this error:
Code: Select all
   Indigo Tradfri Error            Error in plugin execution InitializeMain:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "plugin.py", line 12, in <module>
  File "/Users/jacob/Dev/Indigo/Plug-ins/indigo-tradfri/pytradfri/coap_cli.py", line 110, in api_factory
  File "/Users/jacob/Dev/Indigo/Plug-ins/indigo-tradfri/pytradfri/coap_cli.py", line 61, in request
  File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/subprocess.py", line 710, in __init__
  File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/subprocess.py", line 1334, in _execute_child
  File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/pickle.py", line 1382, in loads
  File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/pickle.py", line 858, in load
  File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/pickle.py", line 966, in load_string

Posted on
Sun Jul 30, 2017 2:28 am
Gusten offline

Re: ValueError: insecure string pickle

Hi
Did you get you get it to work?

It would be nice to see a IKEA tradfri plugin :)

/Martin

Posted on
Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:01 am
Grevling offline

Re: ValueError: insecure string pickle

Any progress on this plugin?
Appearently there is no way to pair the IKEA dimmer and switch to the hue hub as of now (only bulbs), so a dedicated Trådfri plugin would be fantastic.

G

Page 1 of 1