Login problem

Posted on
Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:15 am
samb offline

Login problem

Hi,

I have some questions regarding the control page.

1. I've set up a Prism account and made a control page. Now I want to access the control page in the easiest and fastest way possible (my mom need to use it ;) ). So I thought I would add it as a safari page on the home screen. I type in "myserver.indigodomo.net" and ad it to the home screen. Now I need to type in my username and password every time I want to turn on a light! I just want to be able to launch an app and "boom" have access to my control page. How do I do this?

2. The control page is also very very slow... It takes about 4 seconds to load the page and the same amount of time to turn on a light. So for me to turn on a light with the log in and loading time it takes about 20 seconds. Can I do anything about this?

3. The size of the iPhone 6 control page is a fixed size. But in the Indigo touch app and in the Indigo touch in safari is never full screen so their is always a vertical scroll. Can I set the dimensions of the control screen my self?

Thank you!

/Sam

Posted on
Sat Sep 10, 2016 5:16 am
DaveL17 offline

Re: Login problem

Are you loading the control page at the same location where the server resides? If so, you don't need to use the Prism address, you can load it locally. Try this: enter http://<your%20server%20ip>:8176 and hit enter. If you see the Indigo web server page, click on the link for Control Pages. Browse to the page you want to load and click on that. If the page loads, copy that address as your link. You may still need to log in from time to time, but it should speed up your page loads. Another is to use basic authentication instead of digest, but using this method sends your username and password as clear text and isn't recommended.

If you don't like that approach, you can set up links to run commands using Indigo's RestFul API. Search the forums, there's tons of examples.

Regarding the size of the control page, you can use any dimensions that you like. Just type the new dimension into the Background Size settings for each page. Just because you selected a preset doesn't mean that you can't change the dimensions. The presets are a convenience.

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Posted on
Mon Sep 12, 2016 5:59 am
samb offline

No I'm loading it from another location over 4G. I want one solution that always works where I don't need to log in to turn on one light.

Can I use the RestFul API in the control page? And in this way I won't need to login each time?

Thank you, I missed that option. Sorry I should have looked closer before asking.

/Sam

Posted on
Mon Sep 12, 2016 6:17 am
DaveL17 offline

Using Safari remotely will require log in unless you turn off digest authentication -- which again is not recommended -- and I believe that Safari should retain the log in credentials until a new session is started, but I'm not positive of that. You could enter the login credentials into Keychain which will speed up the process somewhat. This is all a security measures which IMO are totally worthwhile. You wouldn't use the RestFul API from a control page because you would have to log in to get to the control page which would eliminate the need.

Can you provide a little bit more detail about your needs? Is your Mom using an iPhone or a Mac? If she's using an iPhone or an iPad, there are other alternatives like Indigo Touch or Home Remote which would be well suited to your needs, I think.

Posted on
Mon Sep 12, 2016 6:38 am
samb offline

Ok, I understand. I actually tried to put the log in credentials in the Keychain but it didn't help. About the RestFul API in the control page, makes sense ;)

I'm trying to achieve the most user friendly and quickest way to turn on a light and/or access the control page so even my mom (using her iPhone) can understand. With the indigo touch I still have to navigate to the control page. One thing that could help is if Indigo Touch added support with buttons in the Today-view.

Nothing I can do about the control page being slow, right?

Thank you for your help!

Posted on
Mon Sep 12, 2016 6:47 am
DaveL17 offline

Have a look at Home Remote. You can add a button to the notification window--slide down, press the button and (if successful) you get a notification indicator.

This doesn't help with control pages, but maybe you don't need to use them at all for this application.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:20 am
samb offline

Oh, looks good. Maybe its a good solution for my mom ;)

Thank you!

Posted on
Sat Sep 17, 2016 9:37 am
howartp offline

You can set Indigo Touch to launch and stay on a control page if you want.

I can never remember the correct commands for it - I'll dig out the link next time I'm at my PC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:15 am
samb offline

Ok, that would be nice. Please do!

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Posted on
Sat Sep 17, 2016 12:04 pm
howartp offline

http://wiki.indigodomo.com/doku.php?id= ... touch_urls

hideNavBar and viewUntilQuit are self explanatory as to their purpose.

I add a "static image/caption" to the control panel and set the caption to " " (ie loads of spaces).

Then set the client action to "Go to external URL" and set the url to
Code: Select all
 indigo://controlpage/PageName?hideNavBar=1&viewUntilQuit=1

Peter
Attachments
ControlPage.png
ControlPage.png (379.91 KiB) Viewed 8932 times
Last edited by howartp on Sat Sep 02, 2017 4:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Posted on
Mon Sep 26, 2016 7:16 am
samb offline

I've tried that but nothing happens. Do you mean that this will fix the web version or the control page in the app?

Still need to login each time I'm opening the web version and it takes about 15-20s every time I want to turn on a light. The "Home Remote" app works well, would be nice with a widget from Indigo!

Posted on
Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:45 pm
samb offline

howartp wrote:
http://wiki.indigodomo.com/doku.php?id=indigo_touch_urls

hideNavBar and viewUntilQuit are self explanatory as to their purpose.

I add a "static image/caption" to the control panel and set the caption to " " (ie loads of spaces).

indigo://controlpage/PageName?hideNavBar=1&vieUntilQuit=1

Peter

I gave up before but I'd say I'm learning more and more about Indigo and will give this a second chance on my iPad ;) (Thinking about putting it on the wall like a control center)

I've put the "static image" in the top left corner with your url. When I click it the navbar disappears as it should. But when I close the app or lock the screen and go back to the app or unlocks the screen the navbar is there again.

Am I missing something here?

Posted on
Thu Dec 29, 2016 3:37 pm
howartp offline

samb wrote:
howartp wrote:
 indigo://controlpage/PageName?hideNavBar=1&vieUntilQuit=1

Am I missing something here?

Did you notice the deliberate spelling mistake?

It's viewUntilQuit, with a 'w' in it - not vieUntilQuit.

Peter

Posted on
Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:56 pm
samb offline

Oh... sorry... I missed that.

Thank you! Works like a charm! :)

Page 1 of 1