[ANSWERED]: Can't connect to 6.0.14 with port forwarding

Posted on
Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:51 pm
DVDDave offline

[ANSWERED]: Can't connect to 6.0.14 with port forwarding

Port forwarding to my Indigo server has been working for a long time. However, after upgrading to the new version this morning, I can no longer connect that way. The Prism reflector continues to work and connecting on my LAN works as well. No changes were made to my router and rebooting the router and server did not help. Doesn't seem like it could be an Indigo problem but it's just too much of a coincidence since upgrading was the only change. I will go back to the previous version soon but I figured I'd check if anyone else has a problem with this.

--Dave

Posted on
Tue Aug 12, 2014 5:07 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Can't connect to 6.0.14 with port forwarding

I'll bet the OS X firewall is blocking it. Try choosing the Indigo->Stop Server menu item, then quit the client (Indigo->Quit).

Next from the finder relaunch Indigo. Does OS X prompt you to allow the connection through the firewall? If so, approve that and I'll bet it works.

If that isn't it, then temporarily turn the OS X firewall totally off to see if that helps.

Posted on
Tue Aug 12, 2014 5:37 pm
DVDDave offline

Re: [ANSWERED]: Can't connect to 6.0.14 with port forwarding

Nope. Firewall is still off and other forwarded server processes work fine over web, including Apache. Reverting to 6.0.13 didn't help. Very strange.

Posted on
Tue Aug 12, 2014 5:48 pm
DVDDave offline

Re: [ANSWERED]: Can't connect to 6.0.14 with port forwarding

Found it! Somehow the Little Snitch settings for Indigo got messed up and were blocking connections from the outside. I guess it was indeed a coincidence that it happened just as I upgraded.

Thanks for your help, Matt. Your point about the firewall got me looking in that direction.

--Dave

Page 1 of 1