Insteon/X10 interface shows offline in remote client only

Posted on
Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:49 pm
dduff617 offline

Insteon/X10 interface shows offline in remote client only

I haven't seen this before - could be related to version 7.1.1, but I'm really not sure:

Running Indigo mac client on my laptop and connecting remotely, at the bottom of the Home Window, I see Z-Wave (in green) and "Insteon / X-10 Powerline Interface" shows in red with a line through it.

At the exact same time, running Indigo mac client on the same machine running Indigo server, both Z-Wave and "Powerlinc 2413U" appears in green.

Server and both clients are running 7.1.1 and self-report as running latest versions.

So this looks like I'm seeing some kind of bug. Whatever the problem is, it returns/persists when I stop server, restart, then reconnect the remote client.

Posted on
Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:18 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Insteon/X10 interface shows offline in remote client onl

I have seen that problem a couple of times I think, but it always cleared up by disconnecting the Indigo Client and reconnecting it. Sounds like it is persisting in your case. I just tried to reproduce here with a similar setup (Z-Wave and PowerLinc interfaces, client 7.1.1 connecting to remote server 7.1.1) and I'm not running into it.

If you choose the Interfaces->INSTEON->Disable menu followed by Enable does it fix itself?

Posted on
Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:33 am
dduff617 offline

Re: Insteon/X10 interface shows offline in remote client onl

First, just now, I checked and observed the same condition existed as before, namely:

From a remote mac indigo client: Z-Wave healthy and Insteon / X10 interface with a red line thru it.
From indigo running on the same machine with server: Both interfaces showed healthy/green.

Then I did as Matt suggested, disabling then re-enabling the 2413U interface.

The remote mac client then showed normal status (both Z-Wave and 2413U green. So this indeed fixed the problem.

Thanks!

Page 1 of 1