Support for MacOS High Sierra (64-bit)

Posted on
Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:14 pm
Different Computers offline

Re: Support for MacOS High Sierra (64-bit)

flitedocnm wrote:
but upgrade the MacBook Pro to High Sierra 10.13.2, I'm guessing that wouldn't pose a risk to connecting to Indigo from the Indigo client on the MacBook, since the USB connection from the PowerLinc goes to the Mac mini running Sierra, not to the MacBook. Am I correct?

This is exactly what I'm doing with clients. I have zero issues with 10.13.x as a client connecting to my server running 10.12.x

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:01 am
marchioli offline

So, a tidbit.
I jumped on the wagon and bought a new MB Pro with touchbar back when they were first announced. Almost immediately, I had to buy a plethora of dongles to convert the thunderbolt (USB-C) ports to something all my peripherals would connect to such as USB.

What I did find was that my USB external drives which had been virtually flawlessly working for many years, suddenly wouldn't read a CD or DVD reliably if at all. I even had a new Bluray USB drive and it wouldn't work reliably. This was all under Sierra which it had installed on receipt.

I recently upgraded to High Sierra and now flawlessly almost all of my USB devices work again. Prior to the upgrade, the OS would see the device (sometimes) but typically dropped the USB handshake very quickly. I was using Apple Thunderbolt to USB dongles as well as third party expansion hubs - no change until High Sierra came out.

So back to Jay and Matt's notes, there was definitely some USB bugs in Sierra (I did have a few in El Capitan too but not reliably like Sierra).

I have yet to commit to upgrading my mission critical Mac Mini 2014 to High Sierra as it is running many Z-Wave and Insteon devices (as Matt well knows). I would very much like to know the estimated probability of a successful High Sierra install on the Mac Mini 2014 running Indigo 7 latest release? Ideas boys? I really don't want to have to revert back but can do it if I have to as I have archive copies of all the Mac OS releases back to 10.4.

Posted on
Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:21 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

marchioli wrote:
I would very much like to know the estimated probability of a successful High Sierra install on the Mac Mini 2014 running Indigo 7 latest release? Ideas boys? I really don't want to have to revert back but can do it if I have to as I have archive copies of all the Mac OS releases back to 10.4.

Others are welcome to comment, but we won't... 8)

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:38 am
marchioli offline

too funny Jay :roll:

Posted on
Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:00 pm
flitedocnm offline

Anything yet for 10.13.3? Still unsafe?

Thanks,
Steve

Posted on
Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:28 pm
JGTracy offline

I am also wondering what Indigo's position is. I'm on High Sierra 10.3.3. I had problems when I first went to High Sierra but the problems seemed to just go away. I haven't had any problems for a couple of months now.

Posted on
Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:28 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Indigo 7 itself runs fine on High Sierra. Apple has some bugs around it's included FTDI driver and driver loading order but we've identified a workaround that (so far) seems to work for everyone trying it.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn