Error (client) okHit() caught exception:

Posted on
Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:08 am
Different Computers offline

Error (client) okHit() caught exception:

Never seen this before.
Code: Select all
 Error (client)                  okHit() caught exception: NSRangeException -- *** -[__NSArrayM objectAtIndex:]: index 2 beyond bounds [0 .. 1]

Am I right to think this is some sort of timeout in communication between a local LAN mac app and the server?

I was in the midst of creating a new trigger, the app became unresponsive and the log started throwing these.

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:18 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Error (client) okHit() caught exception

I'm not sure. I've never seen that specific error before. It definitely is client specific, but I don't know what caused the client to get in such a state (possibly a client/server communication glitch, server got hung up/busy, or just a client bug). If you see it again or discover steps to reproduce the problem then let us know.

Posted on
Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:25 am

I think it was happening at a moment where the server was also struggling because it was getting no response from a camera it was trying to serve to a control page being requested by a 3rd device.

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Fri Dec 02, 2022 4:25 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

@Different Computers, did you ever figure out what caused that problem (or how to solve it)? We just had another user report it. We think it's got to be environmental since this is only the second time in 5 years it's been reported...

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Fri Dec 09, 2022 7:01 am

I have never seen it regularly enough to track it down. And since 2017 almost everything in my networking environment has changed radically. Truthfully, I don’t even remember what I was doing when this error came up.

Posted on
Sat Dec 10, 2022 5:44 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Thanks. Apparently a reboot solved this user’s issue.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Page 1 of 1