Indigo not waking for iPhone requests

Posted on
Sun Jun 04, 2017 8:43 am
PatriciaW offline

Indigo not waking for iPhone requests

When I attempt to turn on a device using my iPhone in the morning nothing happens until I restart Indigo. Scheduled events continued overnight. Here s what the log shows:

Jun 4, 2017, 5:22:53 AM
Schedule Porch light OFF
Sent X10 "Outdoor porch light" off

Jun 4, 2017, 10:22:47 AM
Indigo Cocoa client connected

Jun 4, 2017, 10:23:37 AM
WebServer Indigo Touch client connected from 192.168.0.121

Jun 4, 2017, 10:24:38 AM
Sent INSTEON "DR reading lights" off
Sent INSTEON "DR reading lights" on

Jun 4, 2017, 10:29:14 AM
Indigo Cocoa client disconnected

I changed the energy saving settings to set it to never. I saw that another post said this might be an OS X problem. I am using Sierra 10.12.4.

Posted on
Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:14 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Indigo not waking for iPhone requests

So, according to your log, here's what happened:

• At 5:22am, Indigo told "Outdoor porch light" to turn off. Since it's an X10 device, we don't know if it worked or not, we just know that Indigo sent the command
  • At 10:22am, an Indigo Mac Client connected to the server, ostensibly because you started up the Mac App on one of your Macs
  • At 10:23am, Indigo Touch for iOS connected to the server
  • At 10:24am something told Indigo to turn off the "DR reading lights" device (ostensibly from Indigo Touch) and the command was successful, or at least the PowerLinc received the acknowledgement command from the device
  • Just after the last line, Indigo was told to turn on the "DR reading lights" device and that command was also successful - again, the PowerLinc claimed to get a acknowledgement from the device that it had completed successfully
  • At 10:29am, an Indigo Mac client disconnected from the server, ostensibly because you quit the app

That's what Indigo thinks happened. So, what parts of that didn't happen or what things were supposed to happen that aren't in the log?

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:46 am
PatriciaW offline

Re: Indigo not waking for iPhone requests

I had to start the Indigo app on my Mac desktop before I could connect to it from my iPhone.
There was another post which alluded to this being a Mac OSX bug. I had disabled all of the energy saving options but that made no difference.
Here is my solution (at least it worked this morning):
I used automator to start Indigo each morning before I get up. Today after doing that I was able to connect to the local server without having to start Indigo.

Page 1 of 1