still having server issues on mini

Posted on
Sat Mar 04, 2017 7:44 am
dtich offline

still having server issues on mini

hi guys.

so, traveling again, and still having odd server shutdown issues. don't understand.

periodically i lose contact with indigo. the server may still be running, hard to say, but i can't get remote ui to connect.

i can reach is over html but only the first page (see attach), no control pages or variable/device/etc pages will load... very odd no?

but i can access the other servers on the platform, like security spy, or macOS server mail, messages, etc, for instance. all still reachable. however, i can't vnc into the machine at all either.

any thoughts?

would really LOVE to get all this to stop happening. when i was on xserve before a couple years ago, for almost ten years, this was all much more stable.. frustrating.

thanks!
Attachments
Screen Shot 2017-03-04 at 1.36.04 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-03-04 at 1.36.04 PM.png (162.58 KiB) Viewed 1089 times

Posted on
Sat Mar 04, 2017 4:21 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: still having server issues on mini

Really strange. What happens when you access that main page (from browser) then you try to click on Devices or Control Pages: error? timeout?

And when this problem occurs VNC stops working as well? That would hint at something deeper than an Indigo issue (since Indigo shouldn't be able to stop VNC from working).

Can you access the Indigo log files? If VNC doesn't work then through SSH or maybe another Mac in the house (if the Indigo Mac has file sharing enabled)?

If you could VNC into the Mac then I'd be interested in knowing what Indigo's progress bar area looks like. Indigo will show caption text above the progress bar when it is executing scripts or doing other actions that might hang the server, so if it does get hung up those should be visible and will give a clue as to what Indigo was doing when it hung.

Posted on
Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:47 am
dtich offline

Re: still having server issues on mini

thanks a lot matt.

yes, can html into remote access menu no problem, quick and normal, but pressing any link from there timesout. some sort of apache issue or something?? (iOS app just timesout on connect.)

yes, vnc access timesout as well. very very frustrating.

so, i can't access the logs because the server indigo is on is the only wan facing machine on the lan; well, no, not true, but the only server/os machine; if i could bouncy vnc from my solar array controller or network timeserver, encrypted file server or something, that would be great. can access those fine. but the server server is not playing nice these days. i can't ssh in because i disabled that at one point after a particularly intense month of attacks from china, etc. should have enabled before leaving. the security cams are running well and accessible, they are on same server as indigo. and as i've said, mail and chat, etc, all running.

i can telnet into router, but not server. and, it seems server remote admin is hanging as well. very strange and annoying issue. i think i'll have to upgrade to 10.12 and hope a lot of these server issues get solved in the upgrade. killing me.

thanks for thinking on it matt. appreciated.

Page 1 of 1