[ANSWERED]Indigo won't stay hidden

Posted on
Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:22 am
sepstein offline

[ANSWERED]Indigo won't stay hidden

I frequent keep Indigo running in the background by hiding the app (cmdH). However, the app frequently comes to the foreground, and I'm not sure why.

Any thoughts?

Steve

Posted on
Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:42 am
Different Computers offline

Re: Indigo won't stay hidden

Haven't seen this behavior, but I rarely leave the app running if I'm not using it, or if I do, I leave it on the main screen. I'm trying this combo of behavior now.

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:05 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

We've seen that periodically over the years. Unclear which Cocoa API call is causing it, but it doesn't seem to happen often. We occasionally open a transient popup when the communication from the client to the server stalls for a bit.

Is this client running on the same Mac as the Indigo Server? I see you're running Homebridge - did you install it manually or are you using the Homebridge Buddy plugin?

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:05 pm
sepstein offline

Yes, the client is running on the same Mac ( only one I have!). And yes, I'm running Homebridge - I installed this manually to access more devices via Apple HomeKit. I wasn't aware of an Indigo plugin - might be easier than editing my configuration file, but would have to configure the plugin, too.

Is there a place in the console to look for what's calling Indigo to the forefront?

Steve

Posted on
Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:45 am
sepstein offline

I'm also noticing something else going on with my Mac - the unhiding of Indigo may be a symptom. Intermittently, my Mac has been freezing for a couple of minutes (I don't know why). I've noticed that when the Mac unfreezes, that the Indigo client comes to the front.

I shut down the client, and Mac still freezes, so not the client's fault. Now I'm going to try shutting down the server to see if there is something interacting with that ....

Steve

Posted on
Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:22 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

sepstein wrote:
Yes, the client is running on the same Mac ( only one I have!). And yes, I'm running Homebridge - I installed this manually to access more devices via Apple HomeKit. I wasn't aware of an Indigo plugin - might be easier than editing my configuration file, but would have to configure the plugin, too.

Is there a place in the console to look for what's calling Indigo to the forefront?

We're trying to investigate an issue that appears to be related somehow to Homebridge that causes network communication issues. This would result in that connection dialog to periodically come up in the client, which would bring it to the foreground.

What is the exact OS version you're running?

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:23 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

sepstein wrote:
I'm also noticing something else going on with my Mac - the unhiding of Indigo may be a symptom. Intermittently, my Mac has been freezing for a couple of minutes (I don't know why). I've noticed that when the Mac unfreezes, that the Indigo client comes to the front.

I shut down the client, and Mac still freezes, so not the client's fault. Now I'm going to try shutting down the server to see if there is something interacting with that ....

Steve

Are you running either Homebridge or Homebridge Buddy by any chance? And, if so, what is the exact OS version you're running?

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:50 am
sepstein offline

I'm running macOS Sierra 10.12.3 on a Mac mini (Late 2012). npm version 3.10.8 for homebridge (not homebridge buddy)

Steve

Posted on
Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:58 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Thanks. You can track the progress of the investigation on this topic.

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:04 pm
sepstein offline

Re: [ANSWERED]Indigo won't stay hidden

That topic is about the Indigo server hanging, not the client coming to the forefront. Same issue?

Posted on
Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:01 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: [ANSWERED]Indigo won't stay hidden

That's the theory, yes. We know what causes the client to jump to the front - but it is extremely rare that it happens in most cases. However, with this other problem, it's likely to happen more often.

Jay (Indigo Support)

Page 1 of 1