Very high CPU usage for Indigoserver with 7.02

Posted on
Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:09 pm
Londonmark offline

Very high CPU usage for Indigoserver with 7.02

Getting some weird behaviour with Indigoserver - it's periodically hogging CPU resources. Quite a few times today it's been up to 270%. I'm running a 2014 I7 iMac. I've tried stopping a few plugins, but cannot find anything that solves the problem. Anyone else experiencing this?

Posted on
Tue Dec 13, 2016 4:14 pm
kw123 offline

Re: Very high CPU usage for Indigoserver with 7.02

you need to id the process in activity monitor, sort cpu column and watch then if there is one at > 90% cpu click in info and show open files , the first 2 lines should show you the name

or use indigo-utilities plugin and list plugins: it will show you the cpu usage since start for each plugin

Posted on
Wed Dec 14, 2016 4:03 am
Londonmark offline

Thanks. Tried both your suggestions but it isn't a plugin that's showing the high CPU load, it's Indigoserver itself. There's nothing obvious in the log that gives any indication of why. It's very frustrating as my machine is grinding to a halt and I use it for other things too. All was fine with Indigo 6....

Posted on
Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:31 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

When it happens again, open Activity Monitor, type "Indigo" in the search box, then take a snap of the whole window and post it here.

We've had no other reports of this so it's likely to be something specific to your configuration. A runaway embedded AppleScript can cause issues like that - you might want to disable any embedded AppleScripts to see if that changes anything.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:39 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Also try disabling email scanning in the prefs if you have that enabled.

Posted on
Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:01 pm
Londonmark offline

Inevitably right now it's ticking along happily at 2%. I've disabled email scanning anyway. I do have quite a few Applescripts so it could well be one of them - I will investigate.

Can Python scripts cause similar problems?

(And sorry for having posted in another forum - please don't set Durosity onto me.)

Posted on
Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:08 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

If a python script is causing a problem then there will be high CPU utilization shown for a process called IndigoPluginHost. It might also crank up CPU usage of IndigoServer, but more likely it will be IndigoPluginHost.

I'm suspect of the email scanning. If you have a dedicated email account Indigo is scanning then I would suggest deleting all the emails off the server. We've had instances of IndigoServer spinning while it is having to download and scan thousands of emails.

Posted on
Wed Dec 14, 2016 4:51 pm
Londonmark offline

Since I disabled email scanning the problem has not come back so fingers crossed it's gone away...

Page 1 of 1