[ANSWERED]: Server going to sleep?

Posted on
Sun Nov 27, 2016 7:02 am
johnpolasek offline

[ANSWERED]: Server going to sleep?

Running Indigo 6.1.11 server and client on the same machine using Yosemite on a 24" Mid 2007 iMac 2.8 ghz Core 2 duo, ran into an interesting incident last night... From a Touch ap on an iPhone, I tried to turn off a set of lights using an action group... When I triggered it, the lights did not go off, so I went to the computer and brought up the client, then turned the lights off item by item. The log shows:
    Nov 26, 2016, 9:45:02 PM
    Action Group All Lamposts off
    Action Group Photo Group Off
    Action Group Cattle Group Off
    Sent (offline) "Sidewalk" off
    Trigger Sidewalk off
    Sent (offline) "Driveway East" off
    Sent (offline) "Cattle Guard Right" off

Nov 26, 2016, 9:45:18 PM
    Action Group All Lamposts off
    Action Group Photo Group Off
    Action Group Cattle Group Off
    Sent (offline) "Sidewalk" off
    Sent (offline) "Driveway East" off
    Sent (offline) "Cattle Guard Right" off

Nov 26, 2016, 9:58:42 PM
    Received awake notification from system
    Schedule _delayed_action_8
    Schedule _delayed_action_6
    Schedule Sidewalk off (delayed action)
    Connected to PowerLinc 2413U interface on port usbserial-A6028LO3
    PowerLinc address 23.9B.F8, firmware version 9.11
    Sent INSTEON "Driveway West" off
    Sent INSTEON "Cattle Guard Left" off
    Sent INSTEON "Driveway East" off

Looking further back in the log showed:
    Nov 26, 2016, 8:41:23 PM
    Received sleep notification from system
    Closed connection to PowerLinc 2413U

Nov 26, 2016, 9:44:36 PM
    WebServer Indigo Touch client connected from 192.168.1.114

which would indicate that at least the server was still running, and the Mac has been set to never sleep, although the display goes down after 5 minutes of inactivity. So any idea why the server thought it was being put to sleep even while it was still talking to Tuch?

Posted on
Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:42 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Server going to sleep?

This is, unfortunately, a macOS bug. It is indeed trying to go to sleep, despite your Energy Saver settings. I'm not sure why this occurs, but it isn't specific to Indigo. Some folks I believe use the Caffeine utility app in an effort to keep the Mac awake. I'm not positive if that will prevent it or not. I suspect a clean system install will fix the problem, but I know that is a pain.

Posted on
Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:48 am
johnpolasek offline

Re: [ANSWERED]: Server going to sleep?

The thing that puzzled me is that the machine apparently WASN'T asleep (or at least not completely)... The touch app was able to access the server process , which was still running and able to both serve up the control page and process the the command up to the point where it reached th closed connection to the powermodem at 9:44, over an hour after it closed the connection to the powermodem at 8:41; if the connection to the usb devices were closed by the sleep command, wouldn't the network connections have been severed as well and/or shouldn't the network traffic caused a Wake up? It 's more like theIndigo server is responding to a display power down as if it were a sleep

Posted on
Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:25 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: [ANSWERED]: Server going to sleep?

It's likely that something else stopped your Mac from going to sleep after Indigo got the sleep notification and closed the connection to the PowerLinc. But since Indigo never actually got a matching wake notification, Indigo never started the PowerLinc connection back up. This is definitely a sleep issue on your Mac.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Page 1 of 1