Indigo 7 Client Hanging

Posted on
Sat Nov 19, 2016 7:48 pm
GlennNZ offline

Indigo 7 Client Hanging

Hi

Updating MacMini currently - so hopefully something at my end.

But - since installation of Indigo7 having occ hangs of client (server chugging alone fine) Force Quit and restart - all good.

Now seemingly happening more regularly and currently can reproduce by opening Indigo7 Client and then clicking on device - If I don't click on Device doesnt seem to occur.

Few hang reports attached., (sorry tried to zip/rar them but wont allow and won't allow hang either, can't rename zip to zi or rar to ra ! hmm.. this is now getting difficult - okay - tried log - but file is to big over 512Kb, renamed zip to log and have attached - hopefully you can figure it out!)

Thanks
Attachments
Indigo7Hangs this is zip file.log
(124.56 KiB) Downloaded 92 times

Posted on
Sat Nov 19, 2016 8:38 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Indigo 7 Client Hanging

This hang is occurring as Indigo is trying to update UI for device changes. The client is requesting the updates a bit faster than macOS / Cocoa can handle the refresh processing and dispatching, and it eventually starts to freeze up. Do you have any plugins that might be updating devices frequently? If the problem is happening frequently try disabling some of your plugins to see if you can narrow down where the updates are coming from.

And how many devices do you have?

Posted on
Sat Nov 19, 2016 10:18 pm
GlennNZ offline

Indigo 7 Client Hanging

Thanks for the reply and explanation.

87 or there abouts Z-Wave devices.
&
Probably double that in plugins, RFXCOM devices, Virtual Devices and Phidgets.

The Phidget devices behave a bit strangely and tend to update multiple times a second - will try to slow down - but whatever changes I make don't seem to stick.
I can change the SensorDataRate in Phidget app - but always seem to update once a second - bouncing around similar numbers 80,81,82,79.81 etc.

Having said all that - with system App Updates complete and restarted - all behaving okay now.

Thanks for the direction - next time happens will disable Phidgets and see if resolves and if not work way through plugins.

Glenn

Page 1 of 1