Remote Linc synchronization

Posted on
Sun Sep 04, 2016 3:32 pm
donzel offline

Remote Linc synchronization

I hadn't resynched any of my Remote Linc 2440s for several years; when I now try to do it with Indigo 6.1.10, I receive a dialog box with the following:

Remote device " name " is not responding and may be asleep. Press and hold its set button to wake it up.
I get a similar dialog box message requesting I press the set button when I try Define and Sync....

My Remote Lincs do not have a set button. As I recall in the past, I just pressed any button to wake up a Remote Linc. That no longer seems to work. How do I define and sync a Remote Linc?

Posted on
Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:53 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Remote Linc synchronization

Is that the really old silver or black one? I can't remember exactly - I think you press and hold button 1 brighten or something? Do those things talk to the current RF technology or do they require the ancient SignaLincs?

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Tue Sep 06, 2016 4:40 pm
donzel offline

Yes, we have both a silver and a black 2440. We also have a RemoteLinc 2 which does have a set button. We haven't needed a SignaLinc for years. On older versions of Indigo, we could press any button on a 2440 to wake it up and the sync would proceed; that no longer works. Now, Indigo requires one to press a nonexistent set button. Indigo still seems to support X10 devices, why doesn't it support 2440s?

Posted on
Tue Sep 06, 2016 5:06 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

We didn't remove support for it, nor did we change how linking works. Perhaps it's just finally kicked the bucket? If the PLM doesn't see it when trying to link, there's nothing else we can do...

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Page 1 of 1