[HELP]: Garage Door sensor shows "ON" status all the time

Posted on
Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:40 am
neilgreene offline

[HELP]: Garage Door sensor shows "ON" status all the time

I am running Indigo 6.1.9 server and have several Garage Door sensors (Firmware 41 i2CS engine).
To open or close, I need to TAP TWICE all the time now. Tap twice and the door will open. Tap twice again to close.
Indigo keeps showing a status on instead of going on and off. And now, I can not really tell the status of the door.

These sensors used to work fine several months ago showing the correct status and single tap to change ON/OFF.
Do I have a wire crossed or has anyone else expired this.

Posted on
Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:07 am
Colorado4Wheeler offline

Re: [HELP]: Garage Door sensor shows "ON" status all the ti

Don't discount that it's gone south on you, I've had to replace two of these myself and the symptoms were very similar, just things getting progressively worse until it just doesn't work at all.

Try pressing the button on the device directly and see if that opens/closes the door normally. Obviously you need to check the wires coming from the garage door sensor lead and make sure all that motion from the garage door hasn't knocked something loose or caused it to short with it's [very VERY closely attached] neighbor.

My Modest Contributions to Indigo:

HomeKit Bridge | Device Extensions | Security Manager | LCD Creator | Room-O-Matic | Smart Dimmer | Scene Toggle | Powermiser | Homebridge Buddy

Check Them Out Here

Posted on
Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:55 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

neilgreene wrote:
I am running Indigo 6.1.9 server and have several Garage Door sensors (Firmware 41 i2CS engine).
To open or close, I need to TAP TWICE all the time now. Tap twice and the door will open. Tap twice again to close.
Indigo keeps showing a status on instead of going on and off. And now, I can not really tell the status of the door.

These sensors used to work fine several months ago showing the correct status and single tap to change ON/OFF.
Do I have a wire crossed or has anyone else expired this.

You probably don't have Momentary mode set for the output (see step 2 on this page for details)

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Wed Jul 20, 2016 4:07 pm
neilgreene offline

Only reason I have not thought about the device going bad is because both of my garage door openers started doing the same thing at the same time.
I guess it "can" happen, just a little odd.

Posted on
Wed Jul 20, 2016 4:38 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Make sure it's configured correctly before you assume it's malfunctioned.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Wed Jul 20, 2016 4:47 pm
neilgreene offline

All working now. The DETAILS screen was correct for each device. So, I just re-wrote the configuration to the device and checked STATUS and everything is in sync and working again.

Page 1 of 1