Site Admin

Re: macOS 10.12 Sierra - Indigo Server won't start

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:32 pm
wjlevin offline

Will Indigo give us an all clear on 10.12 and Indigo 6.x?

Posted on
Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:39 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

No. We've done as much as we can to make sure Indigo 6 works with Sierra. There may still be unresolved OS bugs however so the risk is yours.

As we've said in a variety of other locations, we always recommend waiting for at least a couple of OS dot releases after a new major OS release. If you're running Indigo on a dedicated Mac, then there really is no reason to upgrade immediately. Apple always releases security updates for the previous OS release for quite a long while.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Mon Oct 24, 2016 4:15 pm
wjlevin offline

Thanks, Jay, for the direction and your excellent software. Looking forward to 7.

Posted on
Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:47 pm
spiv offline

Just curious, with the release of Indigo 7, what is the official status of Sierra support for Indigo 7 and Indigo 6?

(The Indigo 7 requirements state OS X 10.7.5 or newer, but doesn't specifically mention Sierra.)

Posted on
Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:11 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

It hasn't changed. There aren't any outstanding issues on the Indigo side that we are aware of and many users are running on it, but we don't fully recommend it because some folks experience USB problems (which aren't specific to Indigo).

Posted on
Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:31 pm
dz1rfj offline

Matt,

Its been several weeks since the last post on this topic.

During the holidays, I would like to upgrade to Indigo 7, and update my MAC OS Sierra. Any tips, just dont do it, or, update indigo first, or update to Sierra, then update to Indigo 7 ?

I will be away from Vera a year this coming March...Have held off on the minor indigo V7 updates , because I am just so pleased with the stability of the V6 software..

I do not want to spend my holidays like last year , where I was spinning my wheels with Vera Ui7, and welcome your best practices / advice.

Thanks!

Thanks
-Brian

Posted on
Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:14 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Aside from USB issues on some older Macs, there haven't been many reports of problems. If you are using AppleScript much I'd probably recommend not upgrading, but other than that my suggestions would be:

1) Update only one thing at a time (Sierra or Indigo). I don't think the order matters much, but wait a good week+ to make sure one is working smoothly before updating the other.

2) Definitely have a backup before upgrading to Sierra (preferably a mirror backup), so you can easily revert back if something goes wrong.