[ANSWERED]: Trouble with video stream on a control page

Posted on
Thu May 12, 2016 5:04 pm
ericwass offline

[ANSWERED]: Trouble with video stream on a control page

I'm taking my fist baby steps towards a control page for the whole house. One of the first things I want to get working are live video feeds from my security cameras. I have several Vivotek cameras and the general URL scheme is: http://Camera_IP/video.mjpg for stream 1. If you want to supply credentials it's :http://Username:Password@Camera_IP/video.jpg. This format works fine in Chrome and older versions of Safari for me. Safari on El Capitan rejects it because it doesn't know what to do with the username:password@ structure. Anyway, I cannot get this to work on a control page. I've tried using HTTPS, HTTP, no HTTP header. I've tried supplying credentials, not supplying credentials. Everything I can think of. But I just can't get anything more than a white question mark in a blue square. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Posted on
Thu May 12, 2016 8:58 pm
RogueProeliator offline

Re: Trouble with video stream on a control page.

This format works fine in Chrome and older versions of Safari for me. Safari on El Capitan rejects it because it doesn't know what to do with the username:password@ structure

When you use that in a browser (that works), is it an updating image stream or a single, static snapshot?

Posted on
Fri May 13, 2016 7:11 am
Different Computers offline

Re: Trouble with video stream on a control page.

Control pages don't support MJPG. I found this out to my sadness when I moved from ST, as ST's SmartTiles ONLY supported MJPG.

I'm using EvoCam now to feed my video to control pages. It costs a bit, but it offers some sweet superpowers and is much, much cheaper than SecuritySpy.

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Fri May 13, 2016 1:33 pm
ericwass offline

Re: [ANSWERED]: Trouble with video stream on a control page

When I use it in a browser that works I do get an image stream, not a snapshot.

So Control Pages don't support MJPG? What do they support? H.264?

I do have an old license for SecuritySpy but it'd be an expensive upgrade to go to more cameras and a newer version of the software. I think I actually owned EvoCam once upon a time as well so I can look at that. The thing is I actually use Surveillance Station on my Synology DS 1511+ to monitor my camera feeds. Surveillance Station is great software and they do have some sort of API to get feeds but I haven't a clue how to use it. I'm just looking for a simple way to marry Indigo control with my camera feeds.

:(

Posted on
Sat May 14, 2016 7:58 pm
RogueProeliator offline

Re: [ANSWERED]: Trouble with video stream on a control page

So Control Pages don't support MJPG? What do they support? H.264?

No streaming video at this point; most IP cameras can generate a still snapshot, though -- what cameras / models do you have?

Page 1 of 1