[ANSWERED]: Version 6.1.8 not communicating with 11323CU

Posted on
Thu Apr 28, 2016 3:16 pm
ttk6 offline

[ANSWERED]: Version 6.1.8 not communicating with 11323CU

I upgraded to 6.1.8 today , when I start the program, I get the green PowerLinc 1132CU connection indication on the lower left. I can even upload settings.
However, when I try an ON or OFF command the the green dot in the bar goes to the midpoint and stops. Clicking a few more times just adds another dot.

This is a new issue that I noticed after the upgrade. The old version has worked fine but I did not try the older version before upgrading.

Posted on
Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:42 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Version 6.1.8 not communicating with 11323CU

This is a sign the 1132CU is in a bad state, is malfunctioning, or there is signal noise preventing it from sending commands. Unplug it from the wall and the Mac for several minutes, then plug it back in while holding down the SET button on the side. Wait 10 more seconds, then release the button and connect the USB cable back. Does it then work correctly? If not, then to rule out signal noise use an extension cord to try several different outlets (on different circuits).

If none of that helps, then I'd try all the different USB ports on your Mac (and any USB hubs you have) just to rule out a USB problem (there are reports of USB issues on El Capitan; I'm not sure if that is what you are running).

If none of that helps, then I think your PowerLinc has malfunctioned.

Page 1 of 1