State icons in device list

Posted on
Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:26 pm
dustysparkle offline

In the section regarding the "state" images (and the indigo.kStateImageSel selector), the plugin developers guide says:

Indigo Touch and Indigo client UI do not currently have icons for every image selector listed below.

I'm using the battery-related state image selectors for my Nissan Leaf plugin, but no icons show up. Are the battery-related images some of those that aren't present? If so, can I drop images in a directory somewhere that Indigo will then pick up and use? Or, is there some other way to make those icons work?

It's also possible that the icons are there and I'm doing something wrong; that would be great! I just want the icons to show up. :-)

Thanks for any help.

Posted on
Sat Apr 02, 2016 11:15 am
howartp offline

The icons are stored in /library / application support / perceptive automation / indigo 6 / indigo web server / images / controls / devices

The battery icons aren't currently provided, so if you want to use them you'll have to make them available as a separate download (suitably licensed or attributed if copyright) for users to extract to there.

Dave does this with some weather packs i believe.

You can test your basic code is ok by changing up temperaturesensor on/off - those do work by default.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Sat Apr 02, 2016 12:14 pm
DaveL17 offline

Re: State icons in device list

The device state icons that display in the Indigo UI aren't in the Indigo Web Server directory. If you're following the convention in the documentation, then it's very likely that the battery icons aren't available yet (and you can't put your own images into kStateImageSel yet, either--but that's coming.) What you could do as a temporary solution--this is what I would do until the rest of the API is rolled out:

0 -20% (red error dot)
21 - 35% (gray off dot)
36 - 100% (green on dot)

then add the actual state value to the Indigo UI; obviously the ranges can be anything. The image packs that I made available are for control pages only (see link as an example.) :D

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Posted on
Sat Apr 02, 2016 5:01 pm
howartp offline

Oops. :-(

I was just trying to remember back to when I played with state icons for the Evohome plugin; obviously not remembering very well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Sun Apr 03, 2016 11:29 am
dustysparkle offline

Thanks for the help. I've implemented the alternate icons you suggested, Dave, with these additions:

• "power on" icon when the car is connected and charging
  • "power off" when the car is connected but not charging

Page 1 of 1