[ANSWERED]: client app connection problems

Posted on
Sat Mar 26, 2016 5:54 am
Professor Falken offline

[ANSWERED]: client app connection problems

I run Indigo on a Mac Mini communicating with an Insteon PowerLinc. Recently I updated the program trying to solve some lock-up issues (I actually think those were being caused by something else, but never the less they have now stopped).

But now I notice I can't connect to the server with my other mac (a macbook). I have previously had no trouble with this. Indigo Touch works fine.

I just completely deleted and reinstalled the latest Indigo app on the client machine (the macbook), but immediately got the same error message:

This version of the Indigo client application is not compatible with the Indigo Server.
Make sure you have run the latest Indigo installer on both your server Mac and all client Macs.

I followed all of the instructions when updating the program on the mac-mini server, including saving the old DB, etc, and it seems to be running fine, it's just I can't connect another mac to the server.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Posted on
Sat Mar 26, 2016 6:07 am
autolog offline

Re: client app connection problems

On your server, if you click on the Indigo 6 menu item and select About Indigo 6 it will show you the Client and Server version it should be 6.1.7.

As an initial suggestion, If you are getting the message about incompatibility on you other (client) mac then this implies that the version you have installed on the client mac doesn't match the one installed on the server. I would double check that you have selected the correct install file. :)

Page 1 of 1