Change server name?

Posted on
Sun Feb 07, 2016 7:37 am
bcondemi offline

Change server name?

When I initially setup indigo 6, I set up a server name - "bcondemi house" and was able to select it while running indigo touch on my phone.
Since the latest update a couple days ago, Indigo has introduced a 'My House" server name and my "bcondemi house" no longer works.
the new "My house" data file has now saved itself to my root finder directory and unable to find where in the setting I can change back to "bcondemi house"

Anyone know where I can find the server name settings again? and if I can change the location of the directory where the data file get saved to ?

Thank-you

BC

Posted on
Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:39 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Change server name?

It's just the name of your database file - so just shut down your server, rename the database file, then start it up again. Like most Mac apps, if you hold down the command key and click on the name in the title bar of the Home Window, it will show you where the db file exists. If you select the first folder under the database icon/name in that list, it will open that folder in the Finder and you can rename from there. Just make sure the server is shut down when you do the rename.

When the 6.1.6 upgrade happened, we needed to upgrade the database file and when we asked for a new database name it defaults to My House and to the last place you saved a file.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:43 pm
akimball offline

Re: Change server name?

Glad I found this. I've spent several sessions trying to figure out where to name my house...

-Al

Page 1 of 1