Corrupted Database & Failed Connection

Posted on
Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:56 pm
MrJeffreyGee offline

Corrupted Database & Failed Connection

I've got 2 issues and I'm not sure if they are related or not. Indigo started acting funny and is failing to establish a connection with serial interface PowerLinc USB Modem (2413U), so I rebooted the Mac Mini then afterwards it couldn't find the database. The file just disappeared out of the folder. I restored it to the previous day's Time Machine backup and it still had problems connecting to the USB controller. I tried unplugging the controller for several minutes with no success. Recently Indigo seems to be having issues seeing and remember my motion sensors. I would have to add them again and a month later have to do it again. Could this be a related symptom? Not sure if the PowerLinc is failing (Purchased on January 26, 2012), if it's a software issue, or maybe my hybrid solid state HDD is causing the issues. Part of me feels it's the HDD. What do you think and what can I do to reestablish a connection to the controller?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted on
Wed Feb 03, 2016 5:03 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Corrupted Database & Failed Connection

Files disappearing certainly sounds like a drive issue. And, if devices are disappearing out of your database, that certainly sounds like somehow the database file is getting reverted to an old version. Indigo doesn't know how to do something like that.

Not sure if the connection to the PowerLinc has anything to do with it, but if a reboot fixes that then you gotta wonder if you have some relatively serious systemic issues on the Mac.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Page 1 of 1