Python.app message box appearing on every restart

Posted on
Sat Nov 07, 2015 3:37 pm
gpbell offline

Python.app message box appearing on every restart

Recently (last few months) every time I restart indigo I get an OS X message box popping up asking if "I want to allow the application Python.app to accept incoming connection". This popup appears on a server that runs the indigo server. Until I click accept, I am unable to connect to indigo via the iOS app or via another mac connecting to the main indigo server. I have tried allowing the 'Python.app' in the OS X firewall, but this does not help? Interestingly, I can still connect to indigo using the iOS app when I connect via the reflector from outside my local wifi.

Any suggestions as to how I could resolve this?

Thanks
Greg

Posted on
Sat Nov 07, 2015 3:56 pm
autolog offline

Re: Python.app message box appearing on every restart

Hi Greg,
This post should answer your question or at least give you the current state-of-play. :)

Posted on
Tue May 24, 2016 10:23 pm
sarahcat offline

Re: Python.app message box appearing on every restart

I installed the fix from katiaf and with some very helpful information from katiaf, I was able to end the 'incoming Python messages' prompt. I previously tried using the Security and Privacy pane in System Prefs, but although messages were enabled, the prompt persisted.

I waited almost 6 months for a miracle fix to Yosemite, but in honor of Memorial Day weekend coming up, I decided to bite the bullet and do katiaf's command line fix. Thanks to katiaf!

Page 1 of 1